Db

gameday03

I would have to say that was great baseball. Playing small ball, and supreme execution by the Rebels sent D-B home. My team for this tournament is the Sullivan East Patriots, but I think that D-B will be back next year.

Despite the outcome, I feel that it was a good season for the Tribe overall. Good luck to the seniors...

• 2 weeks later...

Yea Sullivan South's coach, Anthony Richardson, pretty much outcoached DB's coach. When they suicide squeezed, everybody in the stands knew that it was going to happen; everybody but the DB coaches. In the previous game with South, the Rebels bunted on various occasions, and squeezed to score a run. And from what I've seen of their games, I didn't see Dobyns-Bennett sacrifice bunt let alone squeeze once. To me bunting just seems like part of the game, but I guess some coaches dont like to embrace this. Also, DB had a couple of runners thrown out trying to stretch extra base hits with less than two outs. One I believe was thrown out at third base, and the other at second. In a 1-0 ballgame these baserunners were essential, and when it sealed the victory for South when a baserunner was thrown out at third base with less than two outs. Not smart coaching. Well, I wish the best of luck to both teams and to all the seniors.