Who is the best in class 1a region 2?

orngenwhite

My guess is Greenback is probably 20 points better than any of the rest,and then Iwould say Midway ,I believe CAK is going to suprise alot of people at third and Coalfield forth. I look forward to our annual with Greenback in the fall,very classy bunch of boy,s last year,fine football team as well. I,m glad it will be on the Roan this year.

How many people did Midway loose do to graduation, are they gonna be as good as they were last year, and what about Oneida....They surprised everyone considerin they went to the 2nd round.....CAK seemed to have grown up there towards the end of the season so they may be a contender this commin year.....as for Oakdale and Sunbright, well, they'll always be one of the worst in the region....is coalfield gonna be as good as they we're last year or did they loose a lot do to graduation as well?...and i thought Greenback had a lot of seniors last year?!? Does anyone have any comments or answers? :D

• 3 weeks later...

greenback did lose some, but i think they still have their quarterback...he's all they need to win district, great player. oneida might surprise some of you this year. the spring wasnt bad for them, even though the scrimmages didnt show it. coalfiled is picked year in and out and they dont ever place second...think what you want though

Edited by pennyplay6254

Coalfield did place second last year. Here is how it should play out this year.

1) Greenback- Solid team from top to bottom, lots of athletes

2) CAK- Catching up and playing as a private school should in 1A

3) Oneida- Well coached, should be as good as they were last year

4) Coalfield- Has some good rising players, good returning players

5) Midway- When the big guy went down last year so did the wave

6) Sunbright- Need some athletes and some luck

7) Oakdale- Hopefully they will have more players this year

Whoever said that Oakdale and Sunbright are always worst in the region has a very short memory. The Tigers went undefeated and won the region in 2000.

Here is how I see Region 2A heading into summer workouts.

(1) Greenback—stll has plenty of weapons and are the team to beat until somebody knocks them off in Region 2A

(2) Coalfield—Ricky Lowe back at QB and loads of young talent ready to step in and carry on the proud tradition in C-Town

(3) CAK—has good skill players and is a private school playing in the smallest class A region in the state (Oakdale, Coalfield and Sunbright each have enrollmenst under 200)

(4) Oneida—stronger than last season, but still not the speed or the passing game they need to challenge Greenback

(5-7) Oakdale, Midway and Sunbright—each of these teams could step in as the #3 or #4 team in the region depending on injuries and keep key players healthy; none of these three teams will be a pushover

*I really believe from top to bottom this region will be very, very competitive.

• 2 weeks later...