Page-Marshall game?

TallKid13

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewisburg won 4 - 3. Both teams probably feel as though they deserved the win. Page led most of the way but Lewisburg left numerous runners in scoring position. Page was winning 3-2 going into the bottom of the 7th. A couple of hits combined with a walk or two got in the runs. The winning hit was a little blooper to left that fell right in between 3 Page players. Good luck to Page tomorrow.

Marshall Co. defeated Page 4-3 in the bottom of the 7th when RF Brett Davis hit a bloop single between SS & LC scoring 1b Scott McLean. The bottom of the 7th started when winning pitcher Jeffrey Lykins led off with a single. McLean walked on a 3-2 count and both were advanced on a bunt by 3b Jason Aldrich. SS Jeremy Reynolds grounded out 6-3, but it scored Lykins to tie the game 3-3. LF Eric Walker & C Matt Waldrop both walked to load the bases and then Davis had the game winning hit. Page scored 1 run in the top of the 3rd when 1b Jason Brock tripled and then scored when Lykins threw the ball away at third trying to pick off Brock. Marshall Co. answered in the bottom of the 3rd when Waldrop walked, Davis reached on an infield error, the next two batters struck out & Lykins was hit by a pitch to load the bases. McLean hit a ball that was almost like a bunt down the 3b line which scored courtesy runner Rudy Lyles to tie the score at 1-1. Page scored two runs in the top of the 5th when DH Lucas Wilmore singled, RF Garrett Scales Sac Bunt, Brock beat out a infield hit, and 3b Jason Bingen singled scoring Wilmore & Brock. Page now leads 3-1. Marshall Co scored their other run in the 6th when LF Eric Walker walked, advanced on a 1-3 ground out and a wild pitch, and then scored on a ground ball to SS. Lykins gave up 3 runs on 6 hits, had 6 K's, 1 BB, & 1 HB. Robby Smithson gave up 4 runs on 5 hits, had 6 K's, 8 BB, & 1 HB. Marshall Co had 1 error & Page had 3. A tough loss for the Patriots as they will face Loretto tomorrow while Fairview travels to Marshall Co. The site & time of the Page/Loretto game is undecided since Page's backstop was damaged in the storm and can not be repaired in time. An alternate site is being investigated by Page Coach Jim Mahan.

Edited by PageMan