A Different Kind Of Thread

CoachT

These stories are so wonderful! They have brought tears to my eyes one after another. I have been playing ball since i was 4 then got into fastpitch and travel around 7. Like all of these stories, my grandfather would come to the near-by games. We were VERY close. Him and my grandmother live across the street. As i got older, my grandfather would become sick but then get better. While he was in the hospital, i would be able to see him and tell him about all my games. Once he was out, i was with him everyday! He would pick me up from school and listen to all my stories. He always taught me sooo much. By the time i was a freshman, i was the only one to start on the varsity team. He was so proud and even came to my games cheering me on. The last game he came to happened to be against Brentwood High. Now, we got beat, but it was my best game my freshman year. I started at second, got a few hits and even scored. My grandpa was so proud and would go up to the golf course and brag to all his friends about me. This past year was the hardest year of my life. I started my sophomore year and in early september lost one of my closest friends in a tragic car accident. My grandfather would pick me up from school and try to lift my spirits up. Then about a month and a half later, my grandfather suffered from a heart attack that took his life. I was devastated. I had to continue on through Christmas, my 16th birthday and well, life without my good friend and grandfather. Once softball started, i was so happy. Ofcourse, my heart was still empty and broken, but i could let it all out on the field. We had gotten a new coach who taught me that no matter how bad things are that you are going through, you can be a different person out on the field. And thats what I did. I started again all year at second base and had a good season. My team didnt do too well, but we are rebuilding. But i am still happy that i can go visit Chad and my grandfather and know they saw me play, and can still have that feeling that he is proud of me. I will be starting my junior year at hillsboro this fall and can't wait to be on the field again. *friend of meg12* sara

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

okay i am going to kind of change this up a little. i think it is only right to honor the biggest motivation in my life!

okay here goes:

i have played softball since i was 4 years old. I always played in the little league program and never really thought of playing the real travel ball. i was always taught by my father and mother to go out there and give it my best! My parents were always there for me, but when i was about 10, my dad became very sick. They didnt know if he would make it, and if he did they said he may not ever be able to walk again. My dad had brain surgery and was very much changed. They told him he wouldnt be able to walk again for atleast 6 months but he did it in 3. Everything they told him, he defied to odd's. I was SO proud of him. But then things changed. Some things went bad in my life. I was at a private school, but we couldnt afford tuition anymore so my parents sent me back to the local public school. My dad left us, and made it really hard on us. My mom, who is my absolute biggest fan, did all she could do to keep me in the school i was in. We lost everything. (the house, the car, etc.) My mom never gave up! She spent hours searching for somewhere for us to live in that zone and paying money that she didn't have just so i could continue playing softball. She goes out of her way to provide for me and make sure i have everything i ever need. I dont know where i would be without my mom today, but she is the one person who has taught me "No matter what bad happens in your life you jus gotta hold your head up and go on." My mom has done such a great job of showing me this and im SO proud to say that she is my mom! i lovee you so much mom. thank you for everything! thumb

<3 your daughter <3

okay i am going to kind of change this up a little.  i think it is only right to honor the biggest motivation in my life!

okay here goes:

i have played softball since i was 4 years old.  I always played in the little league program and never really thought of playing the real travel ball.  i was always taught by my father and mother to go out there and give it my best!  My parents were always there for me, but when i was about 10, my dad became very sick.  They didnt know if he would make it, and if he did they said he may not ever be able to walk again.  My dad had brain surgery and was very much changed.  They told him he wouldnt be able to walk again for atleast 6 months but he did it in 3.  Everything they told him, he defied to odd's.  I was SO proud of him.  But then things changed.  Some things went bad in my life. I was at a private school, but we couldnt afford tuition anymore so my parents sent me back to the local public school. My dad left us, and made it really hard on us.  My mom, who is my absolute biggest fan, did all she could do to keep me in the school i was in.  We lost everything. (the house, the car, etc.)  My mom never gave up!  She spent hours searching for somewhere for us to live in that zone and paying money that she didn't have just so i could continue playing softball.  She goes out of her way to provide for me and make sure i have everything i ever need.  I dont know where i would be without my mom today, but she is the one person who has taught me "No matter what bad happens in your life you jus gotta hold your head up and go on." My mom has done such a great job of showing me this and im SO proud to say that she is my mom! i lovee you so much mom. thank you for everything! thumb

<3 your daughter <3

825634720[/snapback]

Softball1234

I think you have a wonderful mother as I do.

Your story has moved me and I wanted to let you know that.

When life dishes us out lemons

We need to turn it into lemonade!

Thanks for your post! Good Luck ;)

aw thanks girl.  its amazing cuz i know you and i didnt know you had been through so much.  You and your mom both touched me in a certain way and made me want to write bout my mom! Good LuCk this year.  Maybe we will get another chance at ya'll this year! ;) LoL

-ashley george Wilson Central Softball

825634819[/snapback]

Good Luck to you too! See ya on the fields!

thumb

• 1 month later...

I have played softball for almost all my life and I have loved it with all my heart, but I have a friend I have played ball with for a while now and want to share a story with you. Reiley Isham is the pitch for Kingston and we have had our ups and downs as friends and teammates but nothing will ever get in the way of us being friends. Reiley and I have gotten closer since we have played high school ball together but I enjoy her hard work and her determination for the team. She works her butt off to help me in any way if i ever have a question about anything all i have to do is ask her and she will help me. She is a great softball player and I enjoy being on the same team and couldn't ask for a better friend. She is a GREAT person!

Love ya lots girl,

lady jackets 15

I have played softball for almost all my life and I have loved it with all my heart, but  I have a friend I have played ball with for a while now and want to share a story with you. Reiley Isham is the pitch for Kingston and we have had our ups and downs as friends and teammates but nothing will ever get in the way of us being friends. Reiley and I have gotten closer since we have played high school ball together but I enjoy her hard work and her determination for the team. She works her butt off to help me in any way if i ever have a question about anything all i have to do is ask her and she will help me. She is a great softball player and I enjoy being  on the same team and couldn't  ask for a better friend. She is a GREAT person!

Love ya lots girl,

lady jackets 15

825663072[/snapback]

THANK YOU COURTNEY SOOO MUCH... I HAD NO IDEA I COULD HELP SO MUCH... I LOVE YOU TO DEATH GIRLY!!!! YOU KNOW ID GIVE ANY AND EVERYTHING TO HELP YOU OR ANYONE ON THAT TEAM... AND IT WILL NEVER CHANGE... I LOVE YALL !!!! <_<

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

okay! im not really gonna say who this is writing but here it goes: :)

this girl has played softball since she was 4. she played "rec" ball all of her life (dont really understand why everyone thinks its so bad) she has the biggest heart of anyone out there and just pure love for the game! she works her butt off and tries her best to do what she can! she gets frustrated when she messes up and then realizes that everyone does and fixes her mistakes and problems her own way. she contributes as the most flexible all around player for her high school team! she was hurt in the first game of district tournament this year as a sophomore. which by the way she scored the tieing run against lenoir city with a gutsy slide into home when nicole waller come down on her and shoved her ankle back and tore 2 ligaments, sprained it, and pulled 2 muscles. she has had a hard time getting back into things after being out so long before getting to return to travel ball! she is finally coming around again but i think she deserves some recognition! she isnt afraid to slide or dive or do anything her coach asks her, she just loves being on the field and playing her heart out and just having fun! :) she loves the game more than anything and even though she doesnt plan on playing in college, she still is going to play out her high school years. i think this girl has true heart and everyone could learn something from her. unlike most people she loves practice and she loves to work hard! diving and sliding are her two favorite things to do! she always says "if you didnt get dirty, you didnt play your fullest and have fun" i love this girl with all my heart. hopefully she'll get a set position at second base-she really deserves it after the past two years shes had at south-doyle! her freshman year she was told she would play and never got to(and should have) and her sophomore year she played every position there was at least once and really proved herself! im very proud of you Nikki Parham and even though this is yours and jaimies screen name on here-i had to write this to you! you deserve it girl! :D

so to everyone that reads this-remember the sweet, funny, smiling girl that plays for south-doyle with the most heart- number 24---Nikki Parham---she deserves some recognition and credit! "dirt in the skirt" B)

• 1 month later...

There are many different types of softball players, but since I have been playing I have met none like the ones I am about to talk about. I started playing softball when I was in the 5th grade and I knew I wasn't the best at it. So whenever someone told me that I was doing something good I loved it. I still wasn't that good of a player when I decided to try out for my high school team during my freshman year. I know the coach thought that I wouldn't make it through the way he was acting toward me.

However, there were 5 sophomores on the team who never gave up on me. They would stay after practices and help me out, even though they were tired and wanted to go home. They would take time to work with me on my batting, throwing, and catching. When we conditioned they never left me behind, they were always right there encouraging me. Telling me how good I could be.

My sophomore year I thought that they might have given up on me, but I was wrong. They worked with me yet again, corrected small mistakes I was making, and they helped me earn some form of respect in our coach's eyes that year. Because of their encouragement I worked my butt off during summer ball and improved alot. I never quit or gave up because of those five special girls.

At the start of my junior year, I knew I still wasn't good enough to start or even play that much. But I was to the point where I could go in during the game and play to the level I was supposed to. That year those five girls were seniors. And even with all they had going on in their lives they still worked with me and helped me to become the player that I am now. I watched them walk across the graduation stage in May and I realized how close I had gotten to them and how much I respected them for what they had taught me. Not just the game, but also dedication and how not to give even when the odds are stacked against you. I'll never forget those five girls.

Now at the start of my Senior year, I'm back again ready to play and prove that I am ready to play and that I deserve to play. I was told the other day by my coach that I would have the chance to prove myself this fall and during pre-season practice, that I would have a shot at an outfield position. I heard him tell me how dedicated I was, how he respected me, and how he was proud of me for sticking it out. And all I could think was "thank you girls, this is because of you". If it wasn't for them I'm not sure I'd still be playing softball. So this is a special thank you for the five girls who never let me give up and never let me quit.

I love you all....#20, #12, #14, #00, and #22