tigers vs greenbrier

jeff36tn

Greenbrier didn't havwe that great of a pitcher Friday but I don't know about the others. Their whole lineup hit the ball hard and consistently. Their defense was good but not outstanding with good hitting Meigs can win.

Go Meigs.

Meigs could win without errors. Beat them. We need a local team to go far.

Greenbrier didn't have that great of a pitcher Friday but I don't know about the others. Their whole lineup hit the ball hard and consistently. Their defense was good but not outstanding with good hitting Meigs can win.

Go Meigs.

Meigs could win without errors. Beat them. We need a local team to go far.

Meigs likes to move runners with the bunt. They can hit though so don't be decieved. They didn't do a whole lot of running but occasionally which looked like a hit and run (it might have been a steal and the kid just hit the ball). Third baseman likes to play up in the grass and take the bunt away. They will play for the run...bunting sqeaze etc etc. Thats about all i got. They did make 3 or 4 errors so put the ball in play. Goo luck to both teams in state.

We don't play Meigs Co. in the first round we play Ripley, I guess both teams mascot is the tigers. How can you say that our pitcher on Friday wasn't that good the only two runs he gave up were unearned and he finished with at least 11 K's. Walker Valley never really touched him all night his walks led to their runs.

Greenbrier has a 26-7 record with the most recent win over Walker Valley 3-2. They lost to David Lipscomb twice in the district & regional. A lot of their games during the season have been blowouts with scores like 13-3, 11-1, etc. So when their bats are hot, they are good - very good. Some of their games can found at tennessean.com under high schools sports. Once you have their schedule up, click on "details" and you will get a box score and maybe a short write-up. There may be some articles on them at the bottom of the page and if you're are lucky, there may be a roster after their schedule. Some teams supplied this information, but sadly most did not. This may help you some. PageMan