Need the names of Mid State Ballerz 13U team

Hats off to the Ballerz over the weekend at Brentwood. Even though you finished 0-4 you are winners in my book. You didn't quit and played hard against 4 top stacked teams in state. We all know how coaches are now and it's all about winning at any cost. Ballerz have good talent and heart and it showed more in you than any other team there. You gave Nike Select and Shooting Stars all they wanted. Even though they towered over your biggest guy. No quit in this Ballerz team and hats off to the coches for keep these kids heads up and playing hard. You will catch up in years to come so keep working hard and it will pay off. Tell you one thing if my son was the best 13 year old in state I would want him to run with you Ballertz. Lot of class. Need names cause I know several of these guys will make a mark some day in this game. Like # 23,40,42 and 45.

Alley-oop,

I agree the Mid-state Ballerz have a class team with good coaching. However the other coaches are not just about winning at any cost. Why make that statement? At this age it should be just about the kids and not about the coaches at all. Most of these coaches are not paid and spend alot of time working with their teams to help these kids improve their basketball and life skills. The best coaches like John Patton with Nike Select provide a great leadership example for their kids on how to succeed not just in sports but in life. I know that Patton makes sure his kids are succeeding academically. Alley-oop several of the coaches I know are like this.

I think the ballerz have a great team. I was impressed by thier point guard and several of thier big men.I don"t think that they are a bad team , however I think that the other teams in the tournament are better at this point.Most teams are put together over several years. The Nike team is brand new this year and get better over the next few years.The Ballerz have the first and most important part in place and that is a good coach. A good coach will make a team better over time.

Hang in there Ballerz.

• 4 weeks later...

First I want to thank everyone for their helpful words of encouragement! The Midstate Ballerz 13U's are a very hard working group of young men. And yes, they have made great strides. The ballerz players will catch up with the rest of the best! But I will be the first to tell the truth, they have not yet matured physically. They work hard, and will give you evrything you ask of them. Yet most of these kids don't have the strength that the players on the Nike Select, Williamson Wildcats, The Future, or the Shooting Stars posses. Call them late bloomers! There are several players that play on other teams, that have spent time with the ballerz. They play with the The Future, and Shooting Stars. These players play big roles with those teams. One player sticks out like a sore thumb, on their team. Yet he still has those same quailties that his old teammates have. Devon(T.N.F) keep working hard. Other players left becuase the our kids weren't as strong as they were, but they have taken that leadership role that we tried to teach them, to their respective teams. Marcus (T.N.F) keep drop'n them dimes, and taking it to da rack. Deonte' Twilley(S.S) "dog" keep doing what you do best.

There are others and they are on some of the same teams. All of you, will be "Midstate Ballerz for Life!" We pride ourselves on teching our young men how to be successful, On and Off the Basketabll Court! B)

All of the players, but three are from Rutherford county(#'s 4,5,6,12,23,24,40,44,45,52), two are from Shelbyville(#'s 30,32), and one from Dyersburg,TN (#32).

Thanks to All,

Coach Brown

Oh,

and yes we will play anybody on any day,

and we are going to play hard!