YOMCA v. Stars

I only saw the Saturday game, but I would like to make some comments on it. First of all, Brandon Wright. This kid is ready for college ball right now, at least his body is. Four blocks on Niles in the first half and three spectacular dunks were impressive. Then...

where did he go the second half? I truly can't remember him scoring anything other than free throws. A man sitting behind me said it perfectly: "He (Brandon) finally gets some competition and he disappears." This was how I saw it also. Understand this, this is not a knock on Wright, he can play, I was very impressed. However, he doesn't block out or post up. When he plays with guys as big as he is, there won't be many, he has trouble. He has to get tough and become stronger.

Now on to Willie Kemp. The first half, I was kinda like, "What's so special?" Then Willie decided to quit being Stockton and became Iverson. Kemp is strong with both hands and can finish better than anyone I've seen this year, regardless of age. His confidence is by far his best attribute. The swagger he has cannot be taught. This kid is the real deal. But, where is his outside shot? I did not see him take a shot outside of the paint all day. He may be able to shoot, I don't know from this game. Right now I believe he is a better player than Wright because of this confidence and maturity. However, Wright will undoubtedly be the better prospect and college player when he fills out his frame because of his height.

The other two highly rated players in the game, Niles for YOMCA and Ramsey for the Stars were not as impressive. Niles is an incredibly strong rebounder for his age but he can't finish especially with Wright around him. I don't know how well his talents will translate to college. Ramsey is VERY soft. He is also VERY athletic. His spins and hooks are hard to teach and therefore tremendous weapons for a 15-year old. He disappeared for stretches and was really not a factor.

#30 on YOMCA can shoot the lights out with 5 3's.

My biggest question about the game was, why didn't Gaston Miller play? He is by far the best guard on his team. I understand the coach's son will play and he deserved to, he's a good player. He needs to learn to jump on his outside shot thought, that shot will never get to college. Miller is by far better and could have been a huge factor in this game. So, what's the problem? Why didn't he play?

Edited by eagle79

First of all , Pierre's D held Wright to 10 and 8 points in both games, he was so physical with Wright , that was the difference. You didn't see Thad Young ? #30 was Rico Stinson, he was 27-35 from behind the arc for the weekend. As to Pierre, he was the difference Sun. in the championship as the Y dominated again.

eagle79 yeah the big Y beat the stars but I was at all the games Brandon was posting up some but he wasnt getting the ball the stars keep shooting the three pointer every time #14 for the stars got the ball he would shoot the three if that aint the reason the stars lost what else would be Brandon can't do it by himself he needs another tall person to help him, also Jimmy Oldem is way better than Gaston me and about 4 other guys was watching how Gaston played he looked scared, and also Gaston is so overated, all of yall are just gassing his head up to think that Jimmy is far better than Gaston he is a better dribbler, shooter, and is more smarter, also Anthony Jenkins was forced to shoot outside in the Championship he is a good shooter but he is more of a driver type player but the stars just need to make a few adjustments also eagle79 Brandon played real good in the first half and played okay in the second but you have to put in mind that Brandon played the whole game not one time did he get a break not once he cant do it by himself but big ups to both teams

OK, guys I was not knocking anyone, just making observations. All four of the guys are obviously nationally ranked and deserve it.

First of all, how can anyone say Wright needs someone else tall with him...Keith Ramsey.....6'7" ..... who do you want, Shaq? :)

And another thing, if someone wants to be the #1 ranked player in the state, they don't take breaks. That should be expected ;)

And last but not least, Gaston is the best guard on the stars, bottom line. I don't care who is "MORE smartER" (sic) but it is obviously not someone who thinks that Gaston is scared in any situation. He's a player, I just feel sorry for him that his coach either doesn't see it or is afraid to play him and let him upstage his son. :)

eagle79 first of all Keith Ramsey is good but what did he do against YOMCA, second Gaston is not better than Jimmy Oldem, what did Gaston do when he got in the game he start getting the ball knocked out of his hands, then he started making turnovers, Jimmy Oldem didnt play to his potential but Gaston didnt play no where near to what Jimmy played on Sunday, yall need to quit gassing Gaston's head up he is overated, lets put it to comparison can Gaston dribble better than Jimmy no ;) can he shoot better than Jimmy no :) but all im saying is that Keith has to be more aggresive thats all