Comments by JumpAround

JumpAround

yeah...titans got it right...obviously both teams weren't good enough... there truly are games that the team that loses should have won and everyone has their right to state their opinion....but honestly I don't see Page or whatever as a particularly strong team anyway. They might have been better, but the fact is they didn't advance...and they shouldn't whine cuz they probably wouldn't have made it far in state anyway...accept the lose and look forward to next season where you can whine some more if things don't turn out exactly how you want them to.

Edited by sauza311420420

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't see Page as a particularly strong team because you obviously never saw them play.

You can't judge something you haven't seen.

I go around the state watching almost every team in A-AA and AAA compete while coordinating state records and brackets. I get to see a lot of teams, more than anybody else, and I have no favorites.

I simply enjoy the game.

If you don't think Page would have beaten CAK, Ezell-Harding, and every other team in that lower bracket, you are mistaken my friend. I saw them all, and Page was undoubtedly the strongest. Page had 8 starters from a team that won the state championship in travel. It was either U-17 or U-18. The only teams in A-AA I saw that were better this season were Lenoir City and Ridgeway. And FRA and CCS were maybe equal in talent. And refs shouldn't prevent the best teams from going to state.

Of course, I could have caught some of these teams on a bad night. I can't compensate for that.

But from the games I saw, Page was a top 5 team.

Nobody from Page is whining. They took it pretty well actually. I'm a bystander.

My only comment was that it's too bad some schools get a chance to go to state every single year while Page gets one shot every 10 years. And they end up losing a game in which they have 5 times as many scoring opportunities as CSAS because the linesman calls back a goal on a high kick, allows an offsides goal, and ignores the flood waters in Page's offensive zone caused by the school's football coach wanting to save his precious practice football field which is above the soccer field with a drain that dumps water right onto the soccer pitch.

There is nothing wrong with using this forum to state who I think were the most talented teams in the state. And when others who don't see as many games as I do start questioning me, I oblige them by pulling out facts to back up my point. But now it's history. So that's that.

I respect your opinion, and you are right i don't really know cuz i didn't see them play...i guess i was just assuming since i had never heard anything about them before...and also all i knew was that they lost to CSAS and i know they arent really that great or anything...that does stink when a chance gets blown like that...im pretty positive it was division 1 travel though...ill stand by that...haha

I do believe you're right. It was probably Division 1 travel. Page is a small school, the type that had Division 1 travel players if anything. But still, they were pretty talented guys.

By the way, I loved that comment you made on another topic regarding Farragut Middle School's team being able to beat McMinn County. That was a good one. The fact that McMinn County qualified for state by beating unranked Riverdale makes it ridiculous that soccer coaches' votes promoted McMinn County from #10 to #5. And Science Hill was eliminated in a respectable game with Farragut, yet dropped to #11 in the new poll. What is that all about? Like McMinn County is better than Centennial at #6.

Peterw...CCS and Page are equally talented? Is that why one is in the state finals while the other never packed their bags for Memphis? Your "I know how to analyze soccer" comment gave our coach a pretty nice giggle. If you know so much about soccer, then go talk to people your own age who actually care to hear what you say. Also, maybe you could actually get some predictions straight as well, considering how well you can analyze soccer.

Oh JumpAround, you surprise me. Why the harsh words? I thought we had patched up all the hard feelings. I told you I had respect for CCS and their program. I also said that any of the top 4 teams could win the state championship this year, and I completely believe you guys at CCS will do it. You beat a very good FRA and Lenoir City team. That deserves congratulations. You're better than CAK.

As far as analyzing soccer, I'm definitely not trying to convince people I'm the God of soccer. I just wanted to throw in my analysis of the game like everyone else. I've coached in 3 different states with good results, and I've been around the game for a while, so I'm not just some joker who doesn't know what he's talking about. I just wanted to use this forum to discuss the game. What's with the comment "go talk to people your own age"? Is this some kind of high school message board or something? Honestly, if that's true, I had no idea. I thought it was just a message board for those who play, coach, and enjoy soccer. It's coacht.com, not coachteen.com, right?

Do you really think CCS and Page are not equally talented just because CCS went to state and Page didn't? Hey, Oak Ridge didn't pack their bags for Memphis either because of their tough region. Does that place them below the 2 unranked teams in AAA that qualified for state? By your analysis it does, but I'll tell you now that Oak Ridge could beat nearly every AAA team in this state. Faulty logic on your part.

Now what I can't understand is why you and your coach have so much cynicism regarding my analysis of Tennessee soccer teams. Can someone not get on coacht.com and share their thoughts without being attacked? You said that if I knew soccer so well, I would actually get some predictions right. If you check my official predictions that I posted before the 1st round, I nailed 10 out of 12. Is that bad?

By the way, if you didn't read it, in the end I finally went with CCS over FRA in a 1-goal match. I knew CCS would find a way. The 2-0 final impressed me even more.

As far as the 2 games I didn't predict, I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed the Ridgeway upset. From the games I saw this year, Ridgeway looked stronger than Lenoir City, so I went with them. Do you actually know any sports analysts who predict with 100% accuracy? No way.

I'm one of only a few people who get to travel around the state and see pretty much every decent soccer team, so I thought people would be interested to hear from someone who gets to see everybody play. A bunch of soccer players getting on here and saying "my team's tight, we're the best, nobody can stop us, we're invincible, we could beat an MLS team we're so good" is hardly productive and is most certainly not analysis. Especially when they only see 15 teams per year out of hundreds. What kind of insight does that give us into the game?

I have seen Wesvols. You're right, he is definitely a psychic.

And I thought I was doing okay with 10 out of 12.

But besides him, it's nearly impossible to be 100% accurate on any sports predictions.

Does JumpAround expect 12 out of 12 from me before he gives me a little bit of credibility?

peter peter peter peter peter peter, you are sadly mistaken my friend. CCS has a quality set of foot fairies out there but there is no way that they can pull it out against one of, if not the best, set of foot fairies in CAK history. believe me, ive seen them go through alot and they will take this one. the only bad part is that Coach Joe Platillero will not be there to see the Warriors get the rings. Im not gonna predict the score of this game but CAK will take this one, no doubt.