The board works now

iamoz

Thanks for all your work iamoz. I know that there will be problems when you go to new software and I will be patient when errors do arise. I personally like the new boards and really don't see what some of the others are complaining about. Keep up the good work. PageMan

what was wrong?

I'm still not quite sure, but of the two major possibilites, one has just been nipped in the bud.

The incidents of posts not appearing in the new topics were unrelated to the website itself being down. Because of the large number of posts that have been made during the site's existence, the system didn't want to take anymore. I had to burp it. :)

Burping, incidently, is an actual computer science term. ;)

I was unable to access the site this morning from 6:30 AM to 10:00 AM apparently due to the large number of people accessing the site or a server malfunction. I know you guys replaced your server a while back and had some initial heating problems. It is problem the server, the software, or just too many people trying to access?

It was a server problem. Everything seems to be happening at once. Today's outage was a heat-related one and we have just ordered a new case for the server. It is not because of the numbers of people on the site but is simply the server overheating.

Emails may still come back as undeliverable a little longer. We are still working on our mail server. I bet there are 500 emails in my main email account unless they have been returned like the ones you sent. Maybe all of the junk emailers will delete my address. :huh: