Oakland?

FBALLER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

I think that going to year round schools will take a toll on the teams from Wilson County. Even though Lebanon has #4 coming back...who else do they have that we should be fearful of? Most of the names that I remember graduate......the QB and most of the line and my favorite...#20. There seem to be severe problems at that school...why did the head girls' basketball coach, the head boys' basketball coach, and the head baseball coach all resign????I also read on here that 2 of the principals were fired. Someone fill me in on what is going down there?No, I really do not feel that you should pick Lebanon over Blackman. NO WAY!!!!

Lebanon may have problems. If they lost that many coaches last year and a couple of football coaches left the year before that (Coach Marshall to Oakland), there could be serious problems with the principals and coaches. Maybe the principals don't want Lebanon High School to be an athletic factory. As hard as it is to believe, there are principals that are very Anti-athletics.

Guest region4fan

You are right Croach...I think there could be administration problems in Lebanon, Or maybe parents running the show??? I know we were fortunate at Oakland to snatch Coach Moose before Riverdale got their grubby little hands on him. He is a good fit with our Christian football staff. From reading posts earlier in the season from Lebanon players and fans, it seemed that there were some racial problems w/i the team . I do not know the whole story , but I do not see things improving there with practices lasting til 8;30 at night.Kids have to work and also to study....not to mention be with their families and girls.

How do you think that Lavergne will be this year?

Men, you've got to leave those little girls alone during football season.

I know Coach Thomas and I'm sure he'll do a good job with them, but I just think they are low on talent.

Now that's not fair. Let me say, they are low on talent when competing in this region. I'm sure they could be a great 4A school and probably win a couple of other regions in 5A.

Guest region4fan

I looked back through some of the postings that I printed out during the season.(When you are MY age, sometimes you need a little boost to remember things.)According to what I could find, there were problems there between a coach and a player that was of a racial nature.There was such animosity towards the coach by some posters ( in defense of the player) that this coach's wife got on the boards and blasted just about everyone.Apparently some players, including #4, were ready to quit the team over other incidents of a racial nature.Llet's hope that all of this is behind them now there.I know sometimes it is difficult to get adjusted to a new coach...hopefully their rocky road is smoothing out.

I thank GOD for all the love between the players at Oakland. I really feel that caring about your teammates and your coaches can sometimes carry you through a tough game and a tough season. It has sure happened more than once at Oakland.

I was just wondering whether Carter got anything worked out college-wise. What a loss if he didn't!