U-15 D1 state Tourny

soccernut204

Who is Fuego anyways? I play for Assault, and have not played Fuego ever. Are they a new team that formed? The Knox Stars have no chance at winning state. Last year, they didn't even make it to the semis. The Dragons and MFC both are alright, and had a good last year, but do not have the skill level needed to win, or even go to the finals. I have not played agaisnt TNFC since fall, but I expect them to be pretty good again this year.

Edited by ostornadoe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey yall... I think all the teams look good this year. But sorry for all yall MFC but one of your players just makes me hate your team...i was crossing the ball down the line in a tourny last year against yall, and i hit it with my right foot, he took out my left, and sprained my ankle. I wasnt able to play for the rest of the game or until the last game we played. No offense, but thats just gay. Play hard yall, not dirty...haha plus this kid was like 5'2 and thats just annoying

Having coached against nearly all the teams involved in the tournament, here is my analysis. HFC Fuego is the most imporved team in this age group in the state; however, I do not think they are ready to make a run against TNFC, MFC, and Dragons. Assault seemed too have problems like my team in having enough players to play, but when they did they had some good results. However, I think it would be tough this year to win the tournament. Clarksville is extremely physical, but again so will be TNFC, MFC, and Dragons. Diadora Impact was a very good team, but not in the top three in my opinion. Also, I thought they were D2?Knoxville Stars is my darkhorse. They are a very talented, composed, and well coached group of players and could beat any of the teams in the state on any given day. MFC is a very disciplined and talented group of players. Their coach keeps them on a short leash and does not accept anything but the best. However, I am surprised at their results at MIT. But perhaps they bounce back at state. Dragons can be one of the most explosive teams in the state with Nolan being an amazing player; however, the night we played them they seemed to be one of the wildest groups I have ever seen in soccer. I understand that their coach could not make the game and perhaps that was why they fooled around. To win state against so many quality teams, a team must be disciplined to win. TNFC has the talent, depth, and coaching to get the job down. Their question marks will be who does Brian play for in state, and whether Jonathon plays in state? If both Brian and Jonathon play, I feel like TNFC will have too strong of a backline with Jonathon and Keller, and the attack of Micheal and Brian is an excellent combination. So here is how I see it:

Semis:

TNFC

MFC

Stars

Dragons

Finals:

TNFC

Dragons

Champions:

TNFC

Good luck to all teams. Hopefully, I could add my team to the mix next year.

Titansfan,

First, just calll me Chris. I think everyone can figure out who I am. I will agree with you that TNFC still will have a load of talent, but losing Jonathon and Brian will hurt because you lose two stud players. We were in the same boat losing Micheal and Keller. Unfortunately, we did not have the depth to play at the highest level this year. Hopefully, we will get a good turnout at tryouts. Back to the topic, losing two of your top players will hurt any team. With this info, I will switch to Dragons retaining their title.

Soccernut,

If you are saying that Jonathon is not a consistent threat because he was not around, I can agree with that. If you are talking about his play when he is there, you are very mistaken. Jonathon is an outstanding player who can dominate defensively. I would love to have him on my side.