U-15 D1 state Tourny

soccernut204

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen,

Let us return to the subject of the thread instead of addressing a bitter player. Nolan, I have a lot of respect for you for apologizing for your team. However, it is unnecessary. My team was not a group of saints that night either. A team who is wild and out of control reflects on the coach more than the players. It is human nature to get wild and out of control if allowed. It is upon us coaches to require that our players play in an appropriate manner. As I tell my players, we are to be physical but clean, and according to the rules that is allowed. I try to keep my players under control because emotion will destroy the mental focus required to play this game; however, it can be difficult at times to keep their heads on straight, but that is my job as a coach. Back to the subject of the thread if the new coach of the Dragons focuses the team, I believe the talent is more than there to repeat. But the problem with being the champ is that everyone is gunning for you, and with the quality of the teams in this tournament, there will not be an easy game. Good luck to all.

Fact: Jonathan is playing for TNFC in the state tournament, and he CAN show up a few times a year and still dominate as a defender. He can really play anywhere on the field, and his athleticism and speed is the main reason for that.

Brian Lowder quit the team, and probably wont be back at TNFC anytime soon. He quit the team, he was not kicked off.

TNFC or MFC, flip a coin.

Brian was playing for Brentwood 87 and TNFC at the same time and Jonothan was playing varsity football and soccer. not trying to defend them, but at least Brian was still playing, and the coach, Ajit, said it was ok. Jonothan is used from time to time as a guest player, nothing more.

nolan- i hear you guys beat mfc 4-1 in the memphis invitational. i know brian evans was at state with mus, how many other guys were missing? were eric taylor, teddy and jesse there? you guys seem to be a good team this year. good luck.

gophergoal- they dont start, how would you know? jonothan actually did not play at all last season.

We didn't play MFC, but we beat the team that beat them. FC Dallas beat MFC, I think, 4-1 and we beat FC Dallas 2-0. I know that Brian Evans wasn't playing for them that game, I'm not sure about Eric Taylor, but they had everyone else. They are a good team and have a good chance at winning it this year. Does anyone know the schedule yet? If not, then can someone post it whenever they get a chance?

mr. fun, though jonathon did not start, Brian Louder did start and he rarely went to practice. I dont care if your splitting time with another team or not, if you don't attend practice, you should not start, regardless of your talent. He only started because he was in the national pool.