? for oakland2001

JPATS5

hey, dude, go to your nearest wal mart and check out this yrs "football time in tn" and look at the top hs football players in tn. well, jeff co has two, jeff jennings listed as a top lb, who is also oneheckuva rb and scooter houston, listed as a top rb; furthermore, this kid does it all--a great db, great punt & kick-off returner. man, ask anybody that has seen scooter play and they will tell you he is extremely fast & quick and has no fear of being hit. as i said before, jeff returns 15 starters from last yr, a team that finished 9-4 and lost in close game to DB in the qtr finals. my point, all of those boro teams combined fail to have one player listed in tn's top hs players. where are they at? if either of those three teams you mentioned earn a trip to the semi's, they will have to meet the patriots in dandridge, and it won't be a satisfying finish for either boro team.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

That is very impressive to have some of your players listed in a magazine...just like it is impressive that one of Riverdale's kids last year was listed as one of the top recruits in the nation. You know where that boy is playing this fall???MTSU...not hardly one of the top schools in the nation. It has been my experience that certain coaches HIGHLY promote their players . This results in the press seeing that person's name again and again. Often that writer has NEVER seen the kid play and is going on the coach's praise.As a result, the kid is marketed , but never seems to PAN out in the long run. I am not putting down your athletes at your school, simply stating my opinion about these"high Profile" athletes. The other kids get lost in the shuffle and usually jealousy among the players sets in because of all the publicity for one player.this tends to disrupt the team. Without the whole team playing behind the SUPERSTAR, they usually FOLD!

I like how things are done at Oakland. Very rarely do you see articles in our papers about just one kid from the team. Marty asks them to focus on the whole line, or the whole secondary, the seniors, or whatever. That is why Oakland teams are regarded as FAMILY. We don;t like to see just one player in the SPOTLIGHT here. It is a TEAM win or a TEAM loss . That is why I have so much pride in Oakland.

Now as for you trying to put down the BORO teams....When was the last time that a Jeff CTY boy was in the Mr. Football Finalists? I believe RIVERDALE has had one EVERY year for a LONG time. And last time that I checked they are a BORO team. Just because one publication lists 2 of your boys in it does not mean that you should come on here and assault Oakland 2001 or the BORO teams. :) WE have the RIGHT to be proud of ALL of our schools.

Guest Oakland

which brings me back to what i said earlier, bring your team down to the boro and you will see championship-caliber football, until then, dont talk to me about state caliber. btw, jpats5, it might help if you sleep on what to think to say rather than post at 2:51 in the morning.

its just like region4fan said, it has alot to do with coaches, and how well they promote their players. at oakland, i dont know how they do it at riverdale, but at oakland the coaches promote the team theory. they treat everybody the same. you could never see a snap, and the coaches would treat u the same way as the starting running back, or QB. its a team at oakland, it always has been. and they have continued to be successful. u dont have to have superstars to be good. i gaurantee oakland could grease Jeff. county. maybe we will see come playoff time.

Guest Oakland

and how many state championships do u guys have in the last 10 years??? yeah i thought it was zero. fans like you is what doesnt make this sport fun. i didnt care for jefferson county too much but now i hope that either us,riverdale,or blackman go down there and whoop ur butt, cuz you dont even know the level that we play at. PLus it aint all about how great your players are, cuz it doesnt matter if ur coach cant get them to play together. so see ya in the semis, if u guys get lucky enough to make it that far, and then you will know what boro football is all about.

look, rhs had one of the best hs teams in the history of tn in 94; they also had great teams in 97 & 2001. as for oakland, they had several good teams in the 90s. this argument has gone awry. my point is that jeff co will a mighty force this yr and has an excellent shot at winning it all. they have so much speed at the skill positions that it scares the sh.. out of oppossing defenses. just wait and see.

Guest Oakland

yeah maybe scaring defenses in east tennessee, but in middle tn, teams with speed are common, it just comes to down to who is toughest and has the most heart 75% of the time.

Guest region4fan

Hey Jeff...I don't see anybody watching your back on here from Jeff County. Olineathlete and Oakland2001...well ,we are all part of the Oakland Football Family. We are a team til the end....do or die.EVEN the fans stick together. We love our boys thru thick and thin. Oakland.....No SUPERSTARS allowed...just loving :(:lol::lol::lol: your brothers!