There's a Gunslinger in Kingsport

TRIBE1

like i said earlier, DB's reign is over. i watched jeff's upcoming seniors run all over DB's upcoming seniors when they were fr 30-0. jeff had that score at half and fumble inside DB's five on their next two possessions in the second half; after that, jeff played their 2 & 3 stringers. the game could have ended 50-0.

Quick note to you Jpat, that game you're talking about is the same game that DB's starting freshman QB broke his hand in the first quarter. Now I do assure you had he not broke his hand I very seriously doubt Jeff Co. would've won that game, cause the QB that game was Erwin, and seeing how I know his brother I know for a fact that Erwin is a more talented QB than who ever Jeff. Co. had starting that year as their Freshman QB. So you just think about that, oh and guess what? Erwin plays defense now and he's bigger and stronger and can hit very, very hard. So I hope your QB this year has some good rib protector's cause he's gonna need them if Erwin gets to him :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick note to you Jpat, that game you're talking about is the same game that DB's starting freshman QB broke his hand in the first quarter. Now I do assure you had he not broke his hand I very seriously doubt Jeff Co. would've won that game, cause the QB that game was Erwin, and seeing how I know his brother I know for a fact that Erwin is a more talented QB than who ever Jeff. Co. had starting that year as their Freshman QB. So you just think about that, oh and guess what? Erwin plays defense now and he's bigger and stronger and can hit very, very hard. So I hope your QB this year has some good rib protector's cause he's gonna need them if Erwin gets to him :)

dude, do you realize what you just said? one guy, a qb at that, would have made a difference in stopping jeff's offense. man, jeff destroyed DB that yr. DB couldn't do anything to stop them, nothing. the game was a joke. so how can you say that if a starting qb doesn't break his hand then jeff doesn't beat DB? i don't understand that. sorry to hurt your feelings but jeff has the best talent and is by far the quickest team in the region; DB doesn't even come close to them and won't come close to beating them. jeff by 28.

I have noticed JPATS5 talking up Jeff County for awhile now. And I am sure they will no doubt be good and fast as you say. It seems to me that you have an obsession with beating Dobyns Bennett. Now we all have our own opinions as you say. My opinion is that you have a grudge, you never played for Jeff County (or prob just never got to play if you were on the team) and that you dated a male cheerleader in High School. Just an opinion, like you say, we all have them, now respect that!!

Oh PS I know you are really the same guy ( I can't remember your screen name from last year) because there could never be a more annoying Jeff County fan then he was. Even though you will say you are not, it is so obvious. Last year you did the same thing, but disappeared because you had talked so much trash and Jeff County did not beat DB or do as well as you said. Now that Jeff County will be even better than last year, you feel confident to return under a different name. All of us old timers remember you though. You are still the same as ever. In fact, the way you post is distinctive and I would pick them under any name. Have you started thinking about your new name for next year? You better hurry because you guys will choke in the playoffs. How about waterboy or Mommysboy?

Edited by bud

Why dont we wait till week 4 comes around and we will see who will be the better team. Im sure most of us will be at that game and will get to see the 2 teams battle out. In my opinion this game is goin to be like the Tennessee/Florida game. Who ever has the least amount of turnovers wins the game. Whoever that might be. If Dobyns Bennett runs the ball successful it could be a long night for Jefferson County, but if Jefferson County uses their speed and can open up thier passing game early (like 3 round last year) then it might be a long night for D-B.

I have noticed JPATS5 talking up Jeff County for awhile now. And I am sure they will no doubt be good and fast as you say. It seems to me that you have an obsession with beating Dobyns Bennett. Now we all have our own opinions as you say. My opinion is that you have a grudge, you never played for Jeff County (or prob just never got to play if you were on the team) and that you dated a male cheerleader in High School. Just an opinion, like you say, we all have them, now respect that!!

why do you strike at me personally? that's cheap. DB has some great fans, but your not one of them. like i said, i have alot of respect for DB and especially clark. he is one of the greatest hs coaches in tn, and he is great person. whenever jeff fails to advance into or make the playoffs, i always follow DB. i really believe region 1 has the potential to win back-to-back state championships--jeff this yr; DB the next. DB has a good jr class and an excellent soph class. however, if i'm not mistaken their sr class didn't even finish .500 when they were fr. and it has been yrs since that has happened. as for as making personal negative remarks, you win in that area because i won't go there.

Oh don't hurt me personally he says. But let JPATS5 talk all the trash he has been about any team he chooses and its not personal. The way you post is personal to many people on this board. Jeff County will beat DB by 28, and you think hard core fans don't take that personal. Jeff County has not done much of late and will be 15-0 no questions asked is not arrogant? I am a dedicated fan. You my friend have personally attacked prob thousands of people personally on here. From the middle Tennessee 5a thread to right here right now. Oh and we all love the "I have so much respect for Clark" and all that bull. A real fan will defend his team forever. A dork like you just changes screen names and comes back next year. Oh and when WE were freshmen we suspended you upside down and flushed the toilet you were hanging over.

Edited by bud

Oh don't hurt me personally he says. But let JPATS5 talk all the trash he has been about any team he chooses and its not personal. The way you post is personal to many people on this board. Jeff County will beat DB by 28, and you think hard core fans don't take that personal. Jeff County has not done much of late and will be 15-0 no questions asked is not arrogant? I am a dedicated fan. You my friend have personally attacked prob thousands of people personally on here. From the middle Tennessee 5a thread to right here right now. Oh and we all love the "I have so much respect for Clark" and all that bull. A real fan will defend his team forever. A dork like you just changes screen names and comes back next year.

i call it the way i see it. that is not personal. football is a game, not life. like i said, stranger things have happened in football and it could happen in the DB & jeff game this yr. but if things are played out on the field without any major abnormalities, then jeff should come away the winner by 28. on paper they are that much better than DB. i know that hurts but it is a fact. as for as being on here last yr, i wasn't. but if you choose to believe that then go right ahead. as for as the personal attacks, the score is 2-0 in your favorite. have at it!

Lets say 28-0 and its over. That way when DB/Jeff play we will be up 28-0 and you will tie us(If you score the 28 points you say). We win in overtime on a fieled goal. My opinion

now, if we were still giving good marks i would give you one. pretty darn savy. now, that i've got your attention give me your take on region 1 and particular the DB & jeff matchup. i put my biases aside so please do the same.

JPATS, D-B's senior class lost only one game as freshmen, that was to your Jeff County Patriots. They did lose QB Joe Erwin in that game and you are correct, no matter what kind of game he was going to have, it probably would not have made a difference in the outcome of that game, maybe the difference between the two teams on the scoreboard would have changed (Erwin was also the punter for the then freshmen Indians), but probably not the outcome. The Indians didn't have a back-up QB to put into the game, ended up putting one of their starting RBs in there (Matt Burdine). The following week he tore his ACL & MCL against Greeneville and another RB (Walker Throp) played the QB position and did so for the next five or six weeks until Erwin came back for the final game. The then freshmen Indians (now seniors) won all their games with a running back playing QB (for the 1st time in his life) except for the Jeff County game...just as a quick point of fact, that same RB turned QB ran for 216 yards and 4 TDs against the Jeff County JV as a sophmore RB and didn't play the 4th quarter...and before you say well that was the jv, he also picked off a pass and returned it 60 for a TD against the Jeff County varsity to go along with nine tackles that same sophmore year.

As I have stated many times, Jeff County is loaded and should be the conference favorite, I love watching Scooter and Jeff run the ball and hope its a great game between the two schools, but I truly can't stand all the trash talking and personal attacks on any of these sites, but a real D-B fan doesn't have to attack people, nor does a real Jeff County fan. The games between these two teams are what high school football should be about - the kids playing hard and competing...we "adults" need to be excited about the contests and the players playing, not about how much smack can be thrown. I am an oldtimer with sons playing for the Tribe who is looking forward to week four and week one, two, three, and all the way to the end of the season, whenever that happens to be, but regardless of when that is, I will still be a proud Indian.

So JPATS, I hope the personal attacks against you stop.