why won't onedia play scott high

pig

It's a shame that we can't be like Morgan County. Morgan County has four high schools, all of which play one another and three of which compete in the same region. There is certainly no love lost among them but they do have respect for their fellow schools and the rivalries down there seem, at least on the surface, to work very well.

The rivalry between the Morgan teams is a good case study for several things. The Morgan County School system several years ago chose not to have a Consolidated Comprehensive High School centrally located for various reasons, the type of problem you have in Scott is one aspect of that decision concern that students from different schools could not get along and to keep them separate would be safer. When Scott had Robbins High, Norma, Huntsville, and Oneida, Morgan Schools played all those Scott Schools. Morgan schools now only play Oneida on a consistent basis due to the Region 2A alignment.

This is not to be a treatise on conslidated/comprehisive schools, but these large schools are a major reason for Private schools stepping to the forefront. While not a neighborhood school (which I support and strongly believe in) a private school is the next best thing.

Now to the rivalry aspect. Coalfield and Wartburg have a huge interclassification rivalry. The darn record is just a little over .500 in favor of Wartburg. As for Coalfield, Sunbright, and Oakdale the rivalry is there but there is such a diffence in programs from year to year at two of those schools it is not consistent.

There is mutual respect from all schools in the County.

Heck, we still have that Old time County Championship that don't mean nothin' but braggin rights and it at least gives Wartburg something to crow about when they beat three single a Schools to win it.

CRY ME A RIVER Come off the AA junk when Wartburg wins it is that they are AA and IF Coalfield wins it don't matter it's a rivalry game and the best team won The biggest part of the rival Wartburg was single A I have even heard the local radio station talk before the game that you can throw out the fact that Wartburg is AA this game is a big rivalry and a big county rivalry game at that but when wartburg wins they so O COALFIED was just playing a AA school this excuse for when you all win and lose is getting old I guess the reason for the radio guy saying the same thing is that he his from Coalfield Please come up with a new excuse

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that we can't be like Morgan County. Morgan County has four high schools, all of which play one another and three of which compete in the same region. There is certainly no love lost among them but they do have respect for their fellow schools and the rivalries down there seem, at least on the surface, to work very well.

The rivalry between the Morgan teams is a good case study for several things. The Morgan County School system several years ago chose not to have a Consolidated Comprehensive High School centrally located for various reasons, the type of problem you have in Scott is one aspect of that decision concern that students from different schools could not get along and to keep them separate would be safer. When Scott had Robbins High, Norma, Huntsville, and Oneida, Morgan Schools played all those Scott Schools. Morgan schools now only play Oneida on a consistent basis due to the Region 2A alignment.

This is not to be a treatise on conslidated/comprehisive schools, but these large schools are a major reason for Private schools stepping to the forefront. While not a neighborhood school (which I support and strongly believe in) a private school is the next best thing.

Now to the rivalry aspect. Coalfield and Wartburg have a huge interclassification rivalry. The darn record is just a little over .500 in favor of Wartburg. As for Coalfield, Sunbright, and Oakdale the rivalry is there but there is such a diffence in programs from year to year at two of those schools it is not consistent.

Heck, we still have that Old time County Championship that don't mean nothin' but braggin rights and it at least gives Wartburg something to crow about when they beat three single a Schools to win it.

CRY ME A RIVER Come off the AA junk when Wartburg wins it is that they are AA and IF Coalfield wins it don't matter it's a rivalry game and the best team won The biggest part of the rival Wartburg was single A I have even heard the local radio station talk before the game that you can throw out the fact that Wartburg is AA this game is a big rivalry and a big county rivalry game at that but when wartburg wins they so O COALFIED was just playing a AA school this excuse for when you all win and lose is getting old I guess the reason for the radio guy saying the same thing is that he his from Coalfield Please come up with a new excuse

I can understand Wartburg wanting to beat Coalfield and vice versa. What I can't understand is why you think the truth that Wartburg is a AA school (I verified that with the TSSAA) that can only beat the three single A Schools in the county to get a mythical County Championship, and can't compete within their own division and Coalfield beats Wartburg nearly half the time and can compete in it's own division is an excuse. It appears Coalfield competes on several levels. Beating Wartburg more consistently than most A schools, playing up against even AAA Schools. Wartburg will never be able to compete in its classification until they play some schools in a higher classification and get some real competition beating up on schools with less than 200 students when they tip the scales at nearly 450+ students. So no it is not an excuse just a couple of facts: 1) the Dogs are AA can't deny that, and 2) their record against Coalfield is little better than .500. Now go home and cry about being beaten by a smaller school.

There you go Scott Co. guys, a little healthy rivalry trash talk.

What about basketball and baseball the dawgs are single A in them and win do you have a excuse for those wins I guess its the fact that wartburg has around 400 kids and yes you can pick up some AAA schools that are very week in football HA HA

CYJACKET I was just woundering is this the Coalfield that has had players at there school that did not live in coalfield not just in the male sports either HA HA HA LET THE FUN BEGIN

Without specifics can't answer. Also, Morgan is open Zoned meaning that any county student can attend any county school so long as they have transportation. Again, what has this got to do with rivalry? If there is an allegation of wrong doing, bring that up with the TSSAA. I think that has been looked into before because the dawgs brought it up when a Morgan Co. student that attended Wartburg decided the next year to attend Coalfield and it was found that they didn't know what they were talking about and it almost cost them a major lawsuit.

BTW, it's Their NOT There, and Coalfield is capitalized. Mr. Stewart would be ashamed of you. Maybe you should have come to school at Coalfield too. :blink:

Edited by CYJacket

Without specifics can't answer. Also, Morgan is open Zoned meaning that any county student can attend any county school so long as they have transportation. Again, what has this got to do with rivalry? If there  is an allegation of wrong doing, bring that up with the TSSAA. I think that has been looked into before because the dawgs brought it up when a Morgan Co. student that attended Wartburg decided the next year to attend Coalfield and it was found that they didn't know what they were talking about and it almost cost them a major lawsuit.

BTW,  it's Their NOT There, and Coalfield is capitalized. Mr. Stewart would be ashamed of you. Maybe you should have come to school at Coalfield too. :wacko:

Lawsuit thats funny right there I don't care who you are now thats funny right there I thought i was in Alabama

PS LORD I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT REMARK AND BE WITH THE STARVING PIGMIES DOWN IN NEW GUINEA :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by dawgs21