Rutledge football

JPATS5

i noticed in "football time in tenn" that rutledge has two college prospects. i don't follow them but it would be nice to see them have a successful season. two players don't make a great team but sometimes great players can help motivate average players and help lead the team in the right direction. is this on the horizon at rutledge?

Rutledge does have two college prospects. Senior to be Nathan Potter (6'2", 250) plays LB now but will probably play down in college has been visited by Marshall and Duke. Andy Collins is the other, he will be a Junior and is 6'5", 285. He plays DL/OL. Rutledge has enjoyed success recently. They missed the playoffs last year for the first time in 9 years I believe. They advanced to the quarterfinals in 2000. They should be strong this year as they took some lumps last year while playing a ton of sophomores and juniors.

Marshall has been to see Nathan Potter twice that I'm aware of and Duke has come calling (not that I'd jump up and down about Duke football). I talked with his dad the other day and he needed more copies of his career stats for other teams that have interest.

Jason Gray is listed in the Football Time's Seniors to watch and is a heckuva athlete, but that kid is so much better of a baseball player than a football player it's unreal. He QB'ed exclusively last year on offense, but he was better on defense with seven picks. He led the Lakeway in int's on defense last year.

Andy Collins is a man among boys...legit 6-5, 285-295 and has a mean streak...just a junior. Hope to see more than just flashes of his potential these next two years.

Rutledge is going to contend for the Region 1-3A title and should be taken very seriously...their program is starting to get more and more freshmen in every year.

Edited by KevB1990