basketball during football practice

bbfbfan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbfbfan, you didn't say if the players were excused by the football coach during the month of june from workouts? Is the problem from both coaches or just basketball?

ELI, the FB coach did not even ask the BB boys to come by the field house during the month of JUNE. They never reported to FB until the day after dead period. By the way, someone asked how many hours were supposed to be required. One of the boys told me that it was 2-3 hours 2-3 X a wk during the month of July.

Edited by bbfbfan

As AD at Mitchell High, I let all coaches know that athletes do not paly for them but for the school. We have no right to limit a childs otions in athletics. As a former basketball coach I saw too many 6-4 and 6-5 post players not go D1. At that size they would have gone in Football. Any AD who allows coaches to limit players,

SHOULD BE FIRED

I'm glad to hear the problem is coming from the basketball end only. I can understand the bball coach being nervous about losing athletes to football, I have heard nothing but positives about the way things are going in the football weightroom. I also heard Sparta looked good during spring practice. They are also starting a youth league this fall, something that has been needed for a long time. Things maybe starting to turn around! Good Luck guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree. It's not football time til fall when the season starts. Summer is a time for the kids to decide wha tthey want to do. The ycan play football, baseball, soccer, or basketball suring this time. But they sacrifice getting better in one sport while being at another camp or practice.

Edited by pennyplay6254