How is region 3-4AAAA practice going?

4AFAN

Powell went in shorts Monday, shoulder pads on Tuesday, and full gear for the first time on Wednesday. So far, so good.

The Panthers boarded busses at 2 PM today for the trip to Chattanooga for a week of camp at McCallie. They were to do a light workout tonight, and then get started for real on Friday morning.

Today is the only day I have missed viewing at least 70% of the 3-time defending State Champions Maryville's practice. All is good this early in my view. The Rebs are without question bigger and faster this year, not taking away anything from the great class last year. That kind of experience only comes at a price. Looks like the QB job is in heated competion, a good problem to have. I think the backfield is set with AB & Chris, but there are about five kids I think could fill in or replace if needed. Also good problem to have. The O line and rec's need alot of work. TG has not yet been impressive in my view. The D. Coach G better look real hard at his LB corp. The group he has at 1st and 2nd, with the exception of one #47. are fast but really need to get a nose for the ball. I am worried here. The last two years Coach G has had great kids fall into his lap, this is not the case this year. Coach T in the secondary has been blessed again with kids that are ready to play now. They are bigger and faster and should present a problem for passing teams. Kicking will need some work cause Maryville seldom punts or go's for the long fg! Over all the soph class is loaded and good things are in store this year. It is very early but I think GQ will have the tools to make another run, TWO DEEP! Go rebs. :blink: