Former Moore County Football Guys

spanarkle

Have seen a lot of the Columbia Blue on here and just wondered if any of the guys I played with are around. 1978 Raiders-- District Champs-- DRVC Champs 1st round playoffs, lost to the great team out of Madison. 7 shutouts in 10 games. Closest game was Flintville (remember them) 29-22. Talk to me old Raiders.

Have seen a lot of the Columbia Blue on here and just wondered if any of the guys I played with are around.  1978  Raiders-- District Champs-- DRVC Champs  1st round playoffs, lost to the great team out of Madison.  7 shutouts in 10 games. Closest game was Flintville (remember them) 29-22. Talk to me old Raiders.

Was that the year that Horton was the try anything QB? It seems that they had a talented freshman that was the back-up QB but played mostly RHB out of the "T". When the freshman lined up at QB, all heck was to pay. Where was Horton? At WR or RB or TE? There was a lot of razzel dazzel on that team. ;) There were several times when the primary receiver was the QB. :P

Edited by jimbo44

• 2 weeks later...