ROUSE....THOMPSON!

sportscritic3

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's where your wrong goob Moore didn't scrimmage against Alcoa cause he had a car reck the day before and was in a cast and had a concusion Seymour had to play their backup who's just a freshmen therefore Alcoa didn't get half of what Seymour has to offer Moore did throw though in the 7 on 7 drills and 1 on 1 drills and did very well Alcoa didn't have anyone to stop Anthony Serafine #5 but then in the scrimmage Seymour had to play their backup who didn't play too well

Cade Thompson more than proved that he's the Rebels' man as far as signal calling last year when he led the team to a 15-0 season and a state championship in only his first year on the varsity team. I was a little worried about his durability, but he got through 15 games without an injury. I actually thought that he was dead after that huge hit he took in the Cleveland game, but he turned out to be a tough baller... he bounced right back up and finished as well as won the game.

In my opinion, if Alex Rouse really wants to contribute to the team the best way that he can, he's going to have to start at one of the receiver slots and make some athletic catches for touchdowns, or get the ball on a lot of reverse plays and just use his speed to out-run everybody to the end zone. If the coaches make the mistake of starting Rouse at quarterback, they could end up like the 2000 squad that started off 0-4 with Scott Wilks at quarterback instead of Nick Giles, because after the loss of Brad Merritt, Jacob Holt and Russell Clement, the Rebels don't really have that many experienced receivers right now - the only guy coming back is 2002 Blue Cross Bowl MVP Tyler Gaskin.

It's possible that Rouse will get a lot of chances to show his passing skills if they draw up for him some trick plays similar to the ones that Jacob Holt was part of last year. He could throw for a few touchdowns that way, like Holt did against Hillsboro.

I'm really excited for Cade, though. He has this opportunity to break all the passing records at Maryville High, just simply because he unexpectedly had to start so early and did such a good job of it. And he's a good kid, too.

Edited by Philster043