MBA vs. Ezell Harding

Redtwin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except for a few plays by ezell it was mostly pure domination by mba. brad french had 3 touchdown catches for mba as michael fisher threw the ball really well. the mba defense was good except for a couple of runs and screen passes that turned into decent gains. there was never any doubt that mba was in control of this scrimmage.

I saw the first three 20 minute periods (I don't know if they played more). Period 1 was first stringers with MBA scoring on a Fisher bomb, and that was it. EHCS actually broke off a 50-yard-or-so play on its first offensive play but committed the first of about a dozen+ penalties for the day to bring the play back. Period 2 was second teamers, and MBA scored one TD (pass) to none for EHCS. Period 3 started with EHCS capitalizing on an MBA turnover deep in MBA's own end. After that TD, MBA took over in the period with a Koban INT for a TD and two Fisher TD bombs.

In general, EHCS seemed much more intent on "winning" the scrimmage. EHCS's coach was quite loud and animated during the scrimmage and ran no-huddle quite a bit. They have talent at EHCS but, today at least, were very undisciplined and small in numbers (I counted maybe 35-40 players). That being said, I think they at least played slightly better than Goodpasture played MBA, and I'm sure they will be one of the best in I-1A. Their screen passing will cause some less talented defenses problems. Depth would have been a significant problem today in a real-game situation but probably will not be in 1A play this year.

MBA played OK today but turned it on late. Fisher abused EHCS's secondary like he did against Goodpasture (his receivers separate rather well from the defenders), but he was "sacked" a few times. The running game was decent, certainly not spectacular (although Ryan Burns looked great running the ball at QB during second team play). The long-snapping was much better today in shotgun.

Next for MBA: CPA on Friday night.

NotreDame...you are incorrect about MbA dominating the game.Ezellhad 3 secondary problems and thats it. Other than those 3 plays...the score would have be the same. Also ezells starting tailback...was taken out in tethird quarter for injury, if he would have been in than mba can take one score away and ezell add aother. MBA is a good team, but not anywhere close to being a natona ranked team.