Pigeon Forge Football

pfhsfootball58

PFHS begins only its 3rd varsity season this year and it seems like people are already overlooking them even though they havent had much to show except there first ever playoff appearance. people just ned to take a look around pigeon forge has more talent comeing back than any team in their conference considering they only lost 4 seniors and they were all easily replaced they have a big physical offensive line to pave the trenches that is up to an average of 272 lbs per man in that front five. They have a big physical kelley washington type reciever in bruce belitz then you have your 4.41 speed demon zach schrandt at the oter reciever slot. then they have a new comer at full back chris owens who was elligable at week 6 of last season who has really came on over the summer who is also accompanied by the grinder at 6' 230 lbs at full back paul breighner and then u have a haus of a tailback who amassed 850 yards on the ground in five games after pigeon forge switched to the I formation. Then pigeon forge had the best rushing defense in their conference last year only giveing up 72 yards on average per game against the run and if u subtract two bad games against gatlinburg pittman and knox. catholic with hey gave up over 200 yards in each of those games the average would be much lower than that. but pigeon forges secondary still remains a concern because they ave up three big completions through the air for an average of 45 yards against cherokee in their scrimmage last friday but the offense showed much improvement in the passing game and the ground game picked up right where they left off.

Less time in the weight room and more time in English class for you.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boyz!

No, govman, Flip and I never dated! Harummph! A girl has to have standards! Plus I am old enough to be his mother.

Junior, I meant nothing negative or positive. I just think Flip tried to emulate a lot of coaches and that hurt him early on in his career!

I think he would be excellent if he would be himself and not try to impress the coaches he worked under while climbing the ranks.

Like I said before, it won't matter what kind of coach Flip is with Mr. Schrandt and Mr. Cannon managing behind the scenes.

PFHS ran off most of their good coaches!

Love you boyz!

:(

:D I was browsing the bulletin board and saw information about Pigeon Forge. A number of years ago my son played football in Pigeon Forge. He was on the grasscutters team with Bruce Belitz. My son now plays with the Milan Bulldogs and fondly remembers his first year in tackle football. I wish the Tigers success in the upcoming football season. By the way, what region does Pigeon Forge play in? Milan is Region 7-2A.

SUZIE, YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE SITUATION AT PIGEON FORGE. COACH CANNON IS THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR AND COACH SCRANDT IS THE PRINCIPAL. IS IT NOT THERE JOB TO MAKE SURE THAT THINGS ARE BEING DONE THE RIGHT WAY? GIVE THEM A YEAR. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPARE THE PAST WITH. ASK ANYONE AROUND HERE. THINGS HAVE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER. WE ACTUALLY HAVE DISCIPLINE AND ACCOUNTABILITY. THE PLAYERS LOVE AND RESPECT THEIR NEW COACH AND WANT TO PLAY FOR HIM. THIS WAS NOT HOW IT HAS BEEN RECENTLY. THE NEW COACH IS OLD SCHOOL. HE WORKS THEM HARDER, EXPECTS MORE FROM THEM, AND WON'T MAKE EXCUSES. WRITE ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW, DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.

- JAWBONE

Hey boyz!

Jawbone...don't set your jaw so tight!

You are right things are better. However, is it good when even a supporter such as you, calls the principal "Coach"?

Mr. Schrandt has a conflict of interest and because of his position...principal, not coach, he should only offer support. That support should come whether his son plays or not.

Am I wrong about all three of the top dawgs at PFHS and Sevier County Schools being on the press box last year, arms folded, shaking their heads and determining the outcome and lives of the coaches?

I want PFHS to win as bad as the next girl, I just hope "Coach" Schrandt sticks to being a principal and father and not a coach!

Love you boyz!

;)

Hey, Susie! What is up with you? Do you have any idea how a school is run? It is Jack Parton, "Coach"(a term of endearment from the many athletes he has coached) Schrandt, and Athletic Director Larry Cannon's responsibilities to make sure PFHS is the very best it can be. I'm not sure exactly what "good" coaches you are talking about that have been run off, but it seems to me the most dedicated and most experienced are still there. If the other one had done his job as a coach---motivate, discipline, etc.---and tried to be a team player himself (with the other school staff, the people in the town, the parents, etc.), and if he just knew how to coach, he'd still be there. Coach Ryan is a fine family man and he has taught our kids it doesn't matter what has happened in the past, they are winners and he wants them to succeed not only on the football field, but also in the classroom and in life. People may look at PF as the redheaded stepchild, but I see the decision to change things on the football team as a step in the right direction. You obviously don't have a kid at PFHS or you would know how much the new coach has done. And, "Coach" Schrandt is a man who wants the best for PFHS, not only in Athletics but also in the classroom. So before you start questioning anybody's character, maybe you better take another look at yourself.

And as for the remark about buying beer in PF now and the players not having so far to drive------VERY TACKY and totally uncalled for. If you can't back it up, why say it??!!

And I know you don't know too much about our new coach if you think Schrandt would even attempt to try to coach the team. That's why he hired Coach Ryan. This one knows what he's doing. And if you were at many games last year, you should have seen a lot more head shaking and arms crossed than from those 3. Unfortunately for our boys, last season was pretty sad.

Edited by PFHSProud

SUSIE, YOU SEEM TO WRITE ABOUT WHAT YOUV'E HEARD THROUGH THE GRAPE VINE INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN WITH YOUR OWN EYEZ. THE STATEMENT ABOUT THE "TOP THREE" IN THE PRESS BOX WITH THEIR ARMS FOLDED IS ABOUT THE SILLIEST THING I'VE HEARD OF. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR INFORMATION IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO LIKED A PROGRAM WITH NO DISCIPLINE, ORDER, AND WHO GOT USED TO LOSING. COACH SCHRANDT OR PRINCIPAL SCHRANDT, WHO CARES? DID YOU SEE THE "TOP THREE" IN THE PRESS BOX? OF COURSE, THE ANSWER IS NO. IF YOU HAD BEEN THERE, YOU WOULDN'T BE PASSING ON GOSSIP. ABOUT THE PAST PROGRAM. HE WAS A GOOD MAN. BEING A GOOD MAN DOEN'T MAKE YOU A GOOD COACH. WE WANTED HIM TO SUCCEED AND WE STILL DO.

GO PIGEON FORGE TIGERZ