Huntingdon versus Bruceton

turbo

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VG, i am debatin on which game to attend! i may go to bruceton/huntingdon or dyer co/dyersburg. if i go to bruceton i will see how orey willis is faring and will let u know if not i have many contacts up there and can find out a lil.

what game are u attending????? jcm??

Yeah..I`m going down to Bartlett. Thanks for any info Lil Willis.

orey is gonna be under much scrutiny this year. he's got some HUGE shoes to fill. i'm just afraid that he won't be able to equal or better patrick's skills. he doesn't seem to be hardly as big as patrick, but he probably still has a little more growing to do. how old is he anyway? freshman or sophomore?

no one should judge orey by what patrick did. patrick was a very special player and even a better person off the field than one can imagine. orey will be special but you just cant expect him to fill patricks shoes, that is a task that will never be done. yeah patricks records may be broken someday but that person still will never be patrick willis. im just glad i had the oppurtunity to get to know him and see the kind of person he really is. bruceton fans, support orey as much as you did patrick just dont expect those shoes to be filled.!

oh, i already agreed with everything you just said before i made my post, dcchoctows1. but you know how people are. it's the same way with any great sports name. case in point: payton and eli manning, dale earnhardt, jr., jeffrey jordan, and just imagine what barry bonds' kid will go through one day. everyone sees the name and automatically expects unparalleled success. and you couldn't be anymore right about the person that patrick willis is. i don't think i'll ever play against or be around another individual with that much talent who can still remain humble. i have never seen the boy mad while playing sports or otherwise, no matter how intense the game was or how frustrated he was, neither his dignity nor class ever diminished.

p.s. rumor is he may see considerable PT this year. possibly even working his way into the starting rotation by mid-season. but hey, you know how the rumor mill works in small west tn towns.

david cutcliffe has been highly impressed with patrick. i have heard the same you have about the playing time and possible starting position by mid season. i do know that cutcliffe is highly impressed with him due to the fact of media reports in newspapers and etc. beleive me, i plan on keeping up with him throughout his career. i will have many great opportunities to see him play since im only about 2 hrs from oxford now. by the way, excellent post on the shoe filling of bonds,jordan, dale jr, and etc. its just the way the sports world goes!