PIGEON FORGE VS GREENBACK

JAWBONE

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every player on that field in both jerseys played their heart out. The person who missed the extra point was in a lot of pain because of a dislocated shoulder in the first quarter. I've never seen someone with so much guts in my life. Thank you everyone who gave us support and will still be there for us i'm sure. As good of a game that everyone thinks we played we still didn't play to our potential. So if we can do that well against "the best team greenback has had in 5 years" when we diddn't play to our true abilities just wait till we play up to those abilities. Thats when we'll get some credit for all the hardwork we've done. Thanks again to all of our supporters and to our coaches.

Funny how losing makes some folks start pointing fingers at players who are really good kids. #7 and #8 for Greenback are top quality boys, both are class acts, and both are tough competitors. By the way PFHS has improved over last years team mainly in toughness. Last year we hit em and they quit . This year they fought back.

I think our boys played a heck of a game. We very easily could have been up 21-0 at the half. We made some mistakes and it cost us the ballgame but Greenback did by no means blow us out. I saw some Greenback coaches scratching their heads a few times. No, it was not a "fluke". We've worked hard and we know we can win. Whoever said it'd be 10 years before we could compete better think again. We played hard and showed a lot of guts. Greenback's quarterback is very tough. Too bad he won't be leading the Vols today. I think everybody has underestimated just how bad the Tigers want to win and get the monkey off our back. Both teams played like they were in a playoff situation. One of Greenback's guys said we were the toughest team they'd ever played. To everybody else that plays them---Good Luck I hope you get 'em. #7 is dirty and #8 has no class. They had to play hard. It was nice to send them to the lockerroom at halftime 7-0. Wish we could have won, but all you who said 56-13, 44-0, and all that crap, i hope you give us a little more credit next time.

Iam still---PFHSProud

Did you see PFHS #18 beating his head with his own helmet until the earpads popped out after the game ? I did , but i won't call it anything other than human emotion and sometimes it overrides our common sense in the heat of battle. Greenback also had 2 missed oppurtunities , both turn overs at the goal line. I guess that would make the score 28-27. We still win. This was one of the most physically demanding high school football games i have ever seen . Really gut check on both sides. I know GHS #7 #8 #14 all had cramps from the 3rd quarter on and still played hard.

First of all. How can a team named GREENback not have Green as one of their school colors? Regardless, GREENback likes to throw the pigskin around. PF still improving after their Playoff birth last year.

GREENback 24

Pigeon Forge 12

This game is history. It was played last fri.night. Greenback won 14-13

I LOVE PIGEON FORGE AND I HATED TO SEE THEM LOSE, BUT IF WE HAD TO LOSE TO SOMEBODY BY ONE, I'D JUST AS SOON IT BE GREENBACK. I TALKED WITH THEIR FANS AFTER THE GAME AND THEY WERE ALL GOOD OLE BOYS. THEY LOVE THEIR TEAM AND THEIR AREA. WHAT'S REDNECK ABOUT THAT? MOST OF THE BOYS AT PIGEON FORGE ARE THE SAME WAY. I HOPE GREENBACK DOES WELL THE REST OF THE WAY. GO TIGERS

Tiger,

There's good natured ribbing and then there's blatant stupidity.  Figure out the difference.

WELL i THINK WILLIAM BLOUNT IS A BUNCH OF STUCK UP PREPS THAT GETS EVERYTHING GAVE TO THEM INSTEAD OF BEING WORKED FOR. YALL ARE JUS SCEERED CUZ YALL KNOWS WE ARE GONNA WIN!!! :angry:

Mako,

In case you need some help in differentiating ... your post would come under the "blatant stupidity" heading.