South Green vs. Cumberland Gap

raofootball04

kev,that statement puzzles me.i thought gap was supposed to be good.everyone says that they should do really good in this conference,but if they cant stop the run, they wont come in better than 4th place.pittman,us(happy valley),south greene,and hampton are all runnin teams.west greene and chuckey doak arent too much of a threat at anythin they do

Warrior,

Talked to one of Cocke County's supporters, very close to the program. He told me that South Greene was much stronger than the score of their game indicated. Also, Chuckey-Doak has a tremendous amount of speed this year, I've never seen them this fast. The only reason North Greene was able to corral them was they had only become eligible that day. No practice time. If they can get into that Wing T offense, it could cause some folks trouble. West Greene, I don't know what to think, I know most of their players since they were 6 or so, they have the talent.

As far as the Gap handling South Greene, well, if they have gained alot since last year, and South Greene is worse than I thought, they should have an easy time. If not, Larry Ricker is still the coach at SG and like him or not, he is effective.

kev,that statement puzzles me.i thought gap was supposed to be good.everyone says that they should do really good in this conference,but if they cant stop the run, they wont come in better than 4th place.pittman,us(happy valley),south greene,and hampton are all runnin teams.west greene and chuckey doak arent too much of a threat at anythin they do

Warrior,

CG has a very good QB/WR combo in Corey Russell to Caleb Medley. Tyler Francisco is a good RB.

But I covered them against Rutledge in week zero. Rutledge is a good option team and is about 85/15 in run-to-pass ratio. Rutledge had the ball for over 30 minutes in the game because they ran for 306 yards on 63 carries. I would consider G-P a better running team than Rutledge. Don't know about the rest (you guys at HV, Hampton and South Greene), but CG has trouble stopping the run.

I'll give you another stat...Rutledge converted on 3 of 4 4th downs...the one they didn't convert was in the final 2 minutes of the game and after things were decided.

Another thing that was big in that game was that CG only dresses about 35-40 or so on normal nights and they only had about 29-31 or some number like that. Both teams were without key players.

Warrior,

Talked to one of Cocke County's supporters, very close to the program. He told me that South Greene was much stronger than the score of their game indicated. Also, Chuckey-Doak has a tremendous amount of speed this year, I've never seen them this fast. The only reason North Greene was able to corral them was they had only become eligible that day. No practice time. If they can get into that Wing T offense, it could cause some folks trouble. West Greene, I don't know what to think, I know most of their players since they were 6 or so, they have the talent.

As far as the Gap handling South Greene, well, if they have gained alot since last year, and South Greene is worse than I thought, they should have an easy time. If not, Larry Ricker is still the coach at SG and like him or not, he is effective.

Chuckey Doak has had speed in the past and didn't know how to use it. Always high-caliber athletes who underachieve. Frye still isn't there, is he? Can usually attribute that to coaching.

No groundround, Frye is no longer with the Black Knights, new coach last year named Murphy. He has the school excited enough there were 18 freshmen that come out for the team, a massive improvement over the last few years. Believe me, if Murphy can get these boys into the system, they definitely have the quickness to make the most of it. Not a big line, but they are learning how to handle those bigger and stronger then they are, I know a couple of North Greene boys that had to ice up the shins and ribs on Friday! All I can say is, don't let them get the corner on you, you won't catch them.

If you remember the Claridy name from Tusculum College, well there's 3 of them on the CDHS team now.

Edited by ie3

Hey "kevb1990"... Is he the same quarterback that played for Powell Valley? If so, then they have a really good one.

And ten-four to ie3 concerning Chuckey Doak's speed. Scrimmaged them twice in Spring, and once this fall....and they can blow you down. NG did an excellent job of containment, and Chuckey's QB had a nightmare of a game (though again, much credit must go to the North Greene defense), but CD will indeed be heard from this season.