Cookeville--Coffee Co.

muffin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Semperfiblue,

I like you are fan and former player of the Red Raiders, but you do not seem to be thinking logically. Yes CCHS played very well last Friday night, and yes their record will be much improved over last year. For some reason though you seem to think that becasue CCHS beat down a school in their first ever game, which also has very few upper classman on the squad, that they are going plow through the competition. Again yes the Red Raiders handled CHS last year pretty well, but that was the worst Cookeville played all year and I have to agree that they were very overconfident after the beating they put on Coffee in 2001 and the beating they had just put on White Co. the week before. Do not underestimate the Cavs. They are going to feel like they have to prove that they are as good as last year's team. I hope CCHS blows them out, but I don't think they will. This is going to be a hard fought close matchup.

when people talk about how seigal had few upper classman, i feel the urge to remind everyone that the coffee county offense that put 50 on the scoreboard last friday starts 0 seniors, and only played 2 seniors that night. the entire o-line and backfield consists of about half soph. and half juniors. there is one senior who got 2 carries in backup duties for Jake Nunley, and a receiver that caught one pass who is in the reciever rotation. Joseph Shelton is the backup running back, and it looked like if he could have gotten the carries that Nunley got, he too would have ended up well over 200 yards as indicated by his 43 and 11 yard runs. he seems to have the best yards per carry avg. I think that o-line deserves most of the credit for the offense that Coffee County produced that night.

Cookeville will win this region matchup. Everybody keeps talking about CCHS having lost a great quarterback and that is why they beat CHS last year, but lemme tell ya..... the cavs were overconfident coming into this situation last year and that is why they lost. CHS should have put a beating on them as they did in 2001. Joslin will have the cavs much better prepared mentally for this game and they will pull a win over CCHS. Its time for CCHS to look at the facts...... you weren't meant to be at the top of this region. Go get 'em Cavs.

Last week before the Turner kid left the game with an injury -White Cty had not made a first down. He was injured with 6:00 left to go in 2nd quarter and did not return. That's when White Cty drove down the field and scored.

Turner is a major player on the CAVS defense and he being out will make a huge impact. Somebody will need to step up.