WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No dog in the fight but i think this will be a great game. The last 2 weeks CBHS has taken on 2 of the fastest teams in the state...Memphis East and Melrose and squeaked out wins...this week we'll see if they can stop BA's power game. I think this will be a smashmouth game were the battle up front will decide the game.

BA by a TD

I'm going to have to agree with Plavich on this one, BA has little talent and little heart, they are coming off 2 lucky wins, whereas CBHS is coming off 2 huge wins and plays with a ton of heart. BA is quite overrated, yea there line is big, but its all fat, i dont think any of them bench over 185, theo and david arent what everyone says they are, they have gotten lucky the last 2 games, and they are already showing signs that they may be running out of steam, i see maybe 40 yards between them. I dont know what coach flatt was thinking when he decided to go with griffin to run the offense, theres no question that sophomore daniel risen has way more natural ability and has a great knowledge for the game. As far as the D is concerned, their secondary is too slow and will get beat deep all day, the line is tiny and has no strength, and they have the weakest linebacker in the midstate by far in JT Wash. CBHS will just be wayyyyy too much for the eagles to handle at this point my prediction CBHS 64 BA 3, thanks to a late 62 yarder by junior david varn

I'm going to have to agree with Plavich on this one, BA has little talent and little heart, they are coming off 2 lucky wins, whereas CBHS is coming off 2 huge wins and plays with a ton of heart. BA is quite overrated, yea there line is big, but its all fat, i dont think any of them bench over 185, theo and david arent what everyone says they are, they have gotten lucky the last 2 games, and they are already showing signs that they may be running out of steam, i see maybe 40 yards between them. I dont know what coach flatt was thinking when he decided to go with griffin to run the offense, theres no question that sophomore daniel risen has way more natural ability and has a great knowledge for the game. As far as the D is concerned, their secondary is too slow and will get beat deep all day, the line is tiny and has no strength, and they have the weakest linebacker in the midstate by far in JT Wash. CBHS will just be wayyyyy too much for the eagles to handle at this point my prediction CBHS 64 BA 3, thanks to a late 62 yarder by junior david varn

And I'm a one-eyed cat. :blink:

Any other serious comments?

Nick Forte is in my history class and I can tell you, he is weak...he benches like 125 maybe 130 and he is one of the strongest guys on the BA line. He is right about sophmore Daniel Risen being the right choice for quarterback, not the unathletic Tyler Griffin. And yes, junior David Varn will make a 62 yarder which will be BA's only score. My pick: CBHS 74 BA 3.2

Save the trash talkin for saturday. No matter what anyone says this game will be no blowout, it will be a battle won in the trenches. It will be a tough game between two competitive teams. East and middle TN get way too much respect on this board. Don't get too cocky because Memphis is bringin' the wack Friday night. Good luck both teams and go CBHS.

Save the trash talkin for saturday. No matter what anyone says this game will be no blowout, it will be a battle won in the trenches. It will be a tough game between two competitive teams. East and middle TN get way too much respect on this board. Don't get too cocky because Memphis is bringin' the wack Friday night. Good luck both teams and go CBHS.

No argument there. This should be a good one.

You people who say Ba will dominate are crazy. Just look at who the two teams have played. CBHS has gone out and found two of the most athletic teams in the state, while BA has played two mediocre teams. This is going to be a close one. I've got to give the edge to CBHS. I watched the BA replay on tv and while the line looked good against decent guys going two ways all night long they're going to be in a dog fight Friday when they go toe-to-toe with Cory Mills and Co. BA hasn't had to play in a close game yet. CBHS has. Score: CBHS 24 BA 14. Book it.