Cloudland Dawg Pound Silenced Again?

67CamaroGirl

Of course I was there. I don't miss Cloudland football unless it is a life or death situation. But don't fret too much because I don't think they had any hotdogs last night. I guess I still owe ya!

I saw some kids out there last night with some potential. They didn't quit either. They hung in there til the end. That was a great pass on the last play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually go to cloudland games when Hampton is off or playing a long-distance road game, and know of the dogpound. I have to say that sometime the language does get a little rough, sometimes its kind of embarasing. Usually it is just one or two, but it kind of makes the others look.....stupid? These are just kids playing a game; I believe in team spirit, and cloudland has some of the best fans around, but that end-zone can get a little small when the opposing teams D-backs are getting heckled. Too much WWF? Oh, never smelled any alcohol, but then again I wasn't over there sniffing everybody.

they may have 1 or 2 that aren't stupid,obnoxious or drunk

• 2 weeks later...
Last week during the Cloudland/Sullivan East game a referee told the "Dawg Pound" (the illustrious behind the goal post gang) that they could not yell during the game. They said that the players could not concentrate. As we all know, there has been heated debate in the past about the actions of the "Dawg Pound". They see it as good clean fun and a way to mentally challenge the opposing team. Some fans believe it is wrong for a group of grown men to yell at the players. The members of the "Dawg Pound" claimed they were relatively calm and had toned things down compared to usual. I understand the feelings of fans and officials if foul language is being used but I don't see a problem with harmless taunts. Isn't that what makes rivalries fun? Seems to me that they need to learn to deal with excessive noise and taunts at some point. That is if any of them intend to play a the college level.

As a side note, they also made an announcement over the PA System that air horns should not be used and that the bands should not play when a play was in action. What's next? Will the cheerleaders be told not to cheer? Please tell me if we are just out of the loop and if this is common at other schools. If you've ever been to Roan Mountain, you know that crowd is a hard bunch to silence. Will they be silenced again tonight?

i'm from greenback and when we went up there 2 years ago and got killed i remember the dawg i hated but the thing is is you have to grow up and deal with it

cloudland did get new lights. they have added 20 new automobiles to park behind the endzone in order to improve the lighting. lowe's had those 300 watt halogen lights for 18.00 and they have installed 12 of those on poles with electrical outlets and extension cords. if you play in roan mountain they will kick you fanny, it don't matter if they have flashlights

The so called dawg pound at Cloudland is a joke. When South Pittsburg played there about half of them were drunk hollering insults and cussing our players especially our black players. I think if Cloudland ever plays at somewhere like Moore county, Gordonsville or SP the dawg pound is going to get muzzeled.

go dawg pound keep holering give them h&ll