Chester County 34 - Riverside 6

TheBoredGuy

Chester County went to Riverside tonight and dominated. Eagles were up 27-0 at the half, with the defense causing 3 fumbles, two of which were returned for TD's. CCHS shut down the run, as Riverside had 10 yards rushing at halftime on 8 carries. Eagles got a little sloppy in the second half, and Coach Cupples appeared to be trying a few new things offensively, but still cruised to a 34-6 win. Would have been a shutout, but two boneheaded personal foul penalties kept Riverside's drive alive, and they finally punched it in with 3:14 remaining.

Riverside deserves credit... they never quit. They also have a very good tailback who is just a sophomore.

Way to go, Eagles. People keep doubting you, but again you proved them wrong. Stay hungry.

Way to go CC! I know that these guys arent getting nearly enough credit....they played their hearts out and gave 110%!!! :) Im not getting down on Riverside, dont get me wrong, but CC held nothing back last night. I havent seen those guys play that intense in a long time. I am VERY proud of you EAGLES...Keep up the hard work!!!

*~Megan~*

Oh... and let me say this.... we had a great ammount of croud support last night..it means so much to the guys when we, their friends and family are up off our butts screaming our heads out for them :) Keep up the good work fans...and last but CERTAINLY not least..... those of you that want to sit on the other side of the field and talk about how CC will get their butts kicked, and then walk through the halls of CCHS and expect people to be ok with you, think again! (and you know who I am talking about!) I understand your situation..but come on!!!!!! :)

About the "situation" concerning a CCHS student rooting for Riverside. Come on people, grow up. The girl has been dating a Riverside player for a long time and wanted to support him and her school. She wore CCHS and Riverside clothing in support of both teams and told people she didnt want either team to lose. Taking this a little serious arent we? Why the hatred towards a kid who is caught between two teams? Happens everyday in the football world on all levels; pro, college, and yes, even in Chester Co. Some heckling is expected, but yelling at and outcasting a kid is really classy. Im a former player and student of CCHS and I sat on Riverside's side with my friend/co-worker from Riverside, and we joked and heckled each other the whole game. Was a good time. Whats the problem?

Either way, not to turn this into a soap opera, Chester did look good against an outmatched Riverside team. Was a really good game and a big region win for Chester. Also, Coach Golf for Riverside is a great coach. One of the calmest coaches Ive ever seen in such a rough situation in the first half. Best of luck to both teams!