CALLING ON CSENSE......

Ultimatefan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have been saying for 10 or more years (and I am not the only one, by the way) is if they go 6-4 they seem to lose two games due to questionable coaching and maybe two games because of luck, player execution, or the other team is just better. If they go 8-2 they always seem to lose 1 game due to questionable coaching, etc.

Playoffs is a "whole nuther story".

I have just seen a lot of underachieving talent (at football) at that school for a long time, and it is NOT the players fault.

Soddy by 10. Also you guys seem very knowledgable about the program at Soddy,

could you give me some info on the JV qb? I went to the JV game monday and was very impressed. I was told that his name was Orr.

I wasn't there, but I did hear he looked pretty good in the game. They also made another move with #14 and switched him from QB to fullback and defensive line and he looked pretty good. He(#14) just MIGHT even be getting some varsity snaps pretty soon.

If I'm not mistaken, Ricketts (14) played those positions before. Chris is an athelete and can play anywhere. He will be in the varsity games somewhere next season (remember we lose all of the starting running backs this yr). Ricketts needs to keep working at qb though, Orr is good but he's on the small size and not very moble. He will take a beating in a varsity game.

Hotsauce11, What plays would I call? All I know is SD has found some kinks in the Bradley defense, on film, and we will have some suprises for them.

Chris is an athelete and can play anywhere.

Hotsauce11, What plays would I call? All I know is SD has found some kinks in the Bradley defense, on film, and we will have some suprises for them.

One of my good friends from Red Bank, Ryan Roberson, went through the same thing Chris is going through now. He was a great QB in middle school, and continued at the QB position through his sophomore year. During his junior year, Coach Weathers and Coach Chastain turned the QB spot over to Justin Barnes, and moved Ryan to wide receiver. I can remember him being disappointed at first, but when he, Pat McGinnis, and James Heywood started putting together one of the best receiving corps to ever go through Red Bank, his attitude changed. I'll just set the record straight by saying the coaching staff at SD has made the right move. The best 11 have to be out there at all times, and nothing says Chris can't move back to QB if needed. Like ol'Ulti said, Chris is an athlete and can play anywhere.

As far as the play calling goes against Bradley, all I can say is hooks, slants, and outs. That will open up holes for the running game.

By the way, SD will win 20 to 14. You heard it here first!

I don't know Shula, it's about time for the old fake punt in our territory with the lead late in the game trick.

Well, at least you don't have to worry about Elliott talking Coach Ryan into going for it on the Bradley two yard line, instead of kicking the field goal to win. He's cheering at UT now, which is what he should have been doing at SD.

Just kidding! I can only say that because I'm good friends with Elliott.