MY APOLOGIES TO PORTLAND AND TROUSDALE COUNTY

footballfan007

I'D LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO PORTLAND AND TROUSDALE COUNTY FANS I LOVE YOUR TEAMS AND THOUGHT MACON COUNTY AND YORK WOULD BEAT YOUR TEAMS RESPECTIVLY BUT THEY DIDN'T BUT HAVE IMPROVED GREATLY SO NO OFFENSE WAS MEANT.SOMEONE ON HERE POSTED YOUR REGION REGION 4 CLASS 3A WAS WEAK THAT WAS OFFENSIVE.WHAT A JOKE.IT IS SAD TO SEE TEAMS LIKE MACON AND YORK WHO WENT 7 AND 3 AND STAYED HOME MISSING OUT ON THE PLAYOFFS BUT PLAYING A GREAT GAME IN THE UPPERMAN BOWL WHILE SCHOOLS WHO WENT 1 AND 9 AND 2 AND 8 GOT IT IN THE PLAYOFFS.IT APEARS 1 PROBABLY 2 TEAMS FROM YOUR REGION WON'T GO TO THE PLAYOFFS WITH WINNING RECORDS WHILE OUTSIDE OF GRUNDY COUNTY HOWARD,SEQUOYAH,WALKER VALLEY WILL GET IN WITH 4 AND 6 RECORDS OR WORSE REGION 2 CLASS 3A WILL ALSO HAVE WINNING TEAMS NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH A WINNING RECORD.REGION 4 CLASS 3A IS TOUGH.GREAT LUCK TO ALL!!!!

Before anyone keeps throwing darts at Grundy and our region, please understand we no more picked our region that you did yours.

I personnally hate our region. NONE of the teams brings a gate when they show up. Sequoyah was 2-0 and I don't think they had more than 200 fans counting the band. Now they were nice and yelled loud for their team but they didn't cause the bean counters to stay up late counting gate money.

I would much rather play teams out of Region 4. I would rather go to Middle Tennessee any day. I hate going to Howard. That place is a death trap and that's just the condition of the field. That doesn't count the possible bullets flying around the neighborhood.

Walker Valley might bring a crowd to Grundy in 2 weeks. They do bring a heck of a band. But next year McMinn Central will only bring a few and Howard might bring 3 fans.

If I had a vote we'd be out of region 3-3A in a heartbeat. And there would be no 5 team regions. With the distance we have to drive to Sequoyah and McMinn Central and vice versa there's no reason we couldn't have some of Region 4's teams in our region and make things more even.

It's the TSSAA's fault there are 5 team regions and folks getting in with 1-9 records. Not the schools.

Del (who's stepping off his soapbox now.)

I AGREE DEL I KNOW GRUNDY IS FOR REAL. EVERY YEAR I AM A FAN OF ALL TEAMS I LIVE IN SOUTH KNOXVILLE NEAR SEYMOUR BUT GO TO MANY CHIEFS GAMES I KNOW YOU BRING A BIG MASS OF FANS IN THOSE NICE BUSSES WHEN YOU COME UP TO MADVILLE BUT THOUGH I KNOW IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT BTW GRUNDY PLAYING AS GREAT AS THEY DO IN THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR IS A CREDIT TO HOW GREAT YOU ARE TO SEE THE MCMINNS,WALKERS AND SEQUOYAHS GET BEAT BY 40 OR 50 IN THE PLAYOFFS IS BAD BUT GRUNDY WORRIES ABOUT GRUNDY AND TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS EVEN CHAMPIONS HOWARD FROM LAST YEAR GOT BEAT BY A WEAK PORTLAND TEAM WITH A SUB .500 RECORD IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS.GOOD LUCK JACKETS I HOPE TO WATCH YOU THIS YEAR DOWN THERE.

Edited by footballfan007

I picked Portland by 16 and it was just about the way I thought it would be, Macon Co had good speed,size and strength and were a physical football team, They should go the the playoffs this year. I think we have about 3 or 4 teams that are capable of winning on any given week with a break or two. I was a little suprised by the way Smith Co beat Livingston Ac. Portland and Macon will have to cut back on the turnovers to be real contenders.

Edited by heavy