Riverdale VS. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

countymanfb, I predict a good game too. I know some of the folks in Lincoln County are upset over not being ranked in the AP top 10, and they don't feel like they are getting much respect with 81% of the fans picking Riverdale. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the polls next week. I didn't know that Coach Thompson is going for his 200th win. No doubt he'll get it soon, if not this week, soon. I wouldn't bet against him.

bone37348, can't help but notice and appreciate all the fan support Lincoln County enjoys, and a certain amount of respect from other schools. What I am curious about is if the Falcons are as good as I hear this year, why are they not even in the top ten in the AP Poll? And, why are 81% of the voting fans picking Riverdale to win? Doesn't look like Lincoln County is getting much respect. With 81% favoring the Warriors, that doesn't even sound like it'll be a close game. Lincoln County may get blown out.

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALCON4, In my earlier comment about the polls my last line was that the Falcons may get blown out....to which you replied "WHATEVER!!!!!!" I couldn't agree with you more. I said that "tongue in cheek." I've seen 'em both play...and I've talked to folks, who've played Lincoln County and who have also seen Riverdale.

The polls are gonna change after this weekend. There MAY be a blowout at Tomahawk Stadium, but it AIN'T gonna be the Falcons that get blown out. Riverdale doesn't have another CPA coming up.

countyman, I think the 1600 number that you refer to is a projection of how many students would be there IF the 9th grade were there. Many schools have there 9th grade at their high school. For those that don't, there enrollment is a projection of what it would be. So, Lincoln and other schools that are only grades 10-12 are at a significant disadvantage in terms of sheer numbers. That's another reason that many of these teams have so many more players standing on the sideline than does a school that is only grades 10-12.

Lincoln County High School, has no more than 1200 students enrolled. The higher number being posted as the enrollment comes from including the ninth graders at Ninth Grade Academy being encluding. This is the truth. But in all honesty, why does it matter as the actual enrollment at Lincoln County High School. This is going to be an outstanding football game. I know that the best team will win and may it be an injury free game. Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey i am not trying to get anybody ticked off but the reason why Lincoln County is good is because people dont have anything better to do in Fayetville. I mean when i drove up their this season i didnt see anything of interest to me, but that is probably because i am use to living in a city with plenty to do.

Saying all of that i think this will be a great game. I mean you have Riverdale who has the whole winning streak thing going for them, plus coming off of a lost to the Falcons last year the same game where they lost Henry. But hey i was thinking, does anyone think that the winning streak may mean to much to Riverdale. I mean are they going to go out to win this game and retain respect or are they going to play to keep the streak alive. I dont know. I have seen both teams play this year and for what it is worth. Lincoln County is big, strong, fast, and expierienced. I think it will be to much for Riverdale to handle. Lincoln County has an edge with the game being so early in the season as well. If they were to meet up again in the playoffs, then it will be a totally different game. :lol:

:lol: All I want to say is, polls don't mean squat. Yea, it looks good to look in the Tennessean and see your team ranked 1st or 2nd in the state. What it all boils down to is in the end, when it's all over, and the last team is left standing with the championship. I remember back in 1982, Lincoln CO. probably wasn't even heard of and not ranked most of that year. When it was all over, Lincoln Co. was the champion. The skunks could not be ranked all year, but get hot in the playoffs, and turn out to be your state champs. So, Lincoln County fans don't worry about the polls. Infact, I like not being ranked high or the underdog roll. Give Riverdale their props, they have been the team over the past 6 or seven years, and the Tennessean will rank them even if they loose their first two games right out of the shoot, but they have earned that respect.

As far as the game being a blowout either way is ludicrous to get on here and say that! It will be a tight game. The team with the least turnovers wins this one.

Edited by Big D.