JV Games

s3softball

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry Co-20

Creek Wood-22

It was a great game it was so close thru the whole game and they caught about every thing thrown. Except the one I picked off but the ref called it out of bounds and the one I had to do a super man dive for and spiked it down lol. But they are a great team and the players and coachs where great sports I dont belive I heard any trash talking after the game. Oh yes very good DB's picked us off 3 times and brought one back for a TD

We talked about this last year but I thought I would remind some of you about that discussion. There are at least two philosophies with regard to JV games. Some coaches send everyone EXCEPT their 1's and 2's on varsity and try to get the younger kids playing time to prepare them for next year. Some even have rules that everyone on JV gets playing time. The other philosophy is that you send everyone who doesn't start (1's) on varsity (including those who get regular playing time) and you try to win every game without regard to playing time for younger boys. This is one reason why you can't always go by JV scores.