------------------County--Riverdale

First downs--------9-----------4

Rushing---------24-199------13-74

Passing-----------1-5---------3-5

Passing yards-----40----------76

Interceptions-------0-----------1

Penalties----------3-35-------2-10

Total yards---------239-------150

Great game. Lincoln County won the battle up front, but the Warriors made it interesting. Riverdale gave up a short field early having a punt blocked and then throwing an interception on their next play. Lincoln County took advantage of both to go up 14-0. Riverdale scores on a 94 yard drive to cut it to 14-7. LC breaks a 90 yard TD run on the first play to go to 20-7. Again Riverdale fights back to 20-14. Riverdale then perfectly executes a trick play for a 80+ yard TD but it is called back on an illegal shift. Not a popular call at Tomahawk, but I don't know what happened so I won't comment. I thought we were up 21-20, but it was not to be. LC then drives and scores, and with little time left Riverdale scores again to make it 26-21. LC then runs out the clock. Every time it appeared LC was going to put the Warriors away, back came Riverdale.

Congratulations to the Falcons. No turnovers by LC was a huge stat, and the Warriors threw 2 interceptions. I think we will be fine as this very young Riverdale team gels. LC will get better as well. Two very good teams, but LC outplayed the Warriors tonight.