Lewis County defeats Westmoreland!

chris"MERCER"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stan.... Lewis County was 4-8 passing for 125 yards and two touchdowns. Sharp looked pretty crisp throwing the ball, hitting a 67 yard touchdown pass and a nine yarder for a score. He laso ran for a 58 yard score. I think we will throw the ball more, as I said last week, simply because everyone is loading up uinside to stop the fullback.

Outside of that comment, what a game!! Westmoreland came out running a no huddle run and shoot and scored on their first drive, very effective passing game! They went up 10-0 midway thru the second quarter and things were looking bleak when Sharp busted one on the option and it was 10-6 at the half.

Panthers dominated thrid quarter, mixing the pass and run as well as I have seen them do it in a long while. Went up 19-10 after the 2 TD passes. Westmoreland came back and scored with 4 minutes to go to make it 19-17... Panthers went three and out and Eagles drive down and kick field goal with nine seconds left to go up 20-19 but they are whistled for illegal procedure. Kicker then pushes 36 yarder to the right and Panthers escape with win.

I thought Westmoreland was very disciplined, well coached and a very bright team.. lots of intelligent athletes, really good skill people and a tough fullback with good size. Weren't quite as physical a team as we are used to playing but were very techincally sound and did bang us up sonewhat. Sharp turned an ankle in third quarter which took away any calls from the coaching staff that allowed him to run the option.... Just a real white knuckle, nail biter and what high school football was meant to be.

Westmoreland impressed me! Panthers still making a lot and I mean a lot of mental mistakes!

Thank you Lewis Co. for being a class program. It was a great game but I believe the refs should let the players decide who wins. And definately not wait until the kick was signalled good before he throws a flag for not enough men on the line. That just opens himself up to all sorts of judgement. Our goal was to make LC throw and they did, pretty well. Good game and hope to see you later in the year.

This was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. Both teams played with a lot of heart and neither one deserved to lose. If Westmoreland keeps playing like they did they give D.L. and Goodpasture a run for their money and if Lewis Co plays like that for the rest of the season I don't see anybody that will beat them. My favorite part of the game was when Mitchell went in at Noseguard. Everybody in the house was cheering for him when he got that sack. We mixed the pass and run up great last night, if that continues we will go very very far into the playoffs this year. The new defense looked pretty good too. Hey 7's, why weren't you dressed out? I was gonna try to talk to you at halftime but ya'll didn't go into the locker room. ;)