Shelbyville & Hillsboro

swifty

This game will decide the Region 5-4A title for sure. I give the nod to Hillsboro by a couple of touchdowns.

I've looked over Region 5-4A and I've decided the team most likely not to go to the playoffs is Spring Hill. Not only because they are 0-3, but they have lost by wide margins. Another that looks grim is Hickman County. This is a vast region and unfortunately Tullahoma's chances are looking grim as well. Tullahoma's chances at the playoffs given this year would've been better with the addition of Hickman County and maybe Lawrence County and dropping Hillsboro and maybe Hillwood. Columbia would have to almost win the rest of their games to go to the playoffs. I see Shelbyville giving them a problem as well as Lawrence County and John Overton. The other three teams on their schedule that are in their region are a combined 0-10 right now.

Here's how I think 5-4A will shake out.

Give Nashville-Hillsboro the nod for the region title.

1. Hillsboro

2. Shelbyville

3. Winner of Hillwood versus White County

4. Loser of Hillwood versus White County/ or Lawrence County

If White County beats Hillwood, Lawrence County stands a great shot if they can take out Hillwood as well. Hillwood is very strong and I would almost expect the Hilltoppers to be somewhere around 3rd or 4th.

But that region is a vast region of 10 teams so anything can happen. Deciding who goes to the playoffs may be difficult especially if there is a tie in the record in the region in which head to head or overall records may come into play. That's not good for Overton who is 0-2 against non-region foes and if Columbia loses to Cookeville then a tie could put them out if overall records count for anything.

Edited by SemperFiBlue