Lincoln County Win

lincolncofan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys...i was just wondring something.....fans on here talk about their team goin to state this year then other teams fans say u should concentrate on your next game.....well i agree.......the players should concentrate opn the next game....but isnt a fans job to get hype about their team....i mean what is wrong with sayin your team could win it all.?????????

Sure, Lincoln County could win it all...so could alot of other teams in the state. The problem with talking about it is that it's a distraction - kinda like being distracted by a nice-looking girl while you're driving...you might have a wreck.

One game at a time...

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys...i was just wondring something.....fans on here talk about their team goin to state this year then other teams fans say u should concentrate on your next game.....well i agree.......the players should concentrate opn the next game....but isnt a fans job to get hype about their team....i mean what is wrong with sayin your team could win it all.?????????

How can you say we will win state when we have yet to even qualify for the playoffs? We need to win at least 2 games in the region to do that, and although I think it is a safe assumption that we can do that, it is still not a guaranteed thing. Right now, all Coach Thompson has the Falcons thinking about is this weeks big game against Oakland and nothing else. If you mention the playoffs to him, don't get your feelings hurt if he jumps back and tells you that he doesn't want to talk about the playoffs, or even next week's game versus Cookeville because all that he has on his mind is the Oakland Patriots. B)

They do have a couple of key games left, Oakland, Coffee Co, etc. Then in the playoffs it's always anybody's game. I haven't seen Dobyn-Bennett play, but on another thread someone was saying they are ripping people in East Tenn pretty good.

Lincoln County has proved it can run the middle Tennessee playoff gauntlet. Maybe a match-up with a DB good prove interesting.

You know, I don't know if it is just me, but somehow, most of those East Tennessee Teams look good on paper (Oak Ridge, Dobyn-Bennet ect.:( but when they have to come over and play the Middle TN powerhouses, they don't do as well. They are traditionally stronger than West TN teams, but I'll put the Riverdale's, MBA's, Brentwood Academy's Lincoln County's and Gallatin’s up against them any day. By no means am I slighting other Middle TN teams if I did not name your team, but you get my point. Yea, Dobyn-Bennet is running over East TN at this point. They did beat a good opponent in Jefferson County last week. I'm not taking anything away from them because they are always at the top in East TN. I'm just saying, I think some of our #2's, #3's, #4’s; teams in middle will give them all they want in a football game.

How can you say we will win state when we have yet to even qualify for the playoffs? We need to win at least 2 games in the region to do that, and although I think it is a safe assumption that we can do that, it is still not a guaranteed thing. Right now, all Coach Thompson has the Falcons thinking about is this weeks big game against Oakland and nothing else. If you mention the playoffs to him, don't get your feelings hurt if he jumps back and tells you that he doesn't want to talk about the playoffs, or even next week's game versus Cookeville because all that he has on his mind is the Oakland Patriots.  :(

DITTO! Again I say that winning the state is premature at this point.

Edited by Big D.

OK, if talk of winning state is premature, let me ask another quesiton.

Anyone care to give an "Over/Under" on the game with the Oakland Patriots?

Well, I don't know much about the Patriots this year, except they were suppose to have lost many of its players to Sigel (sorry if I miss-spelled it) this year. Traditionally, Oakland always plays Lincoln County tuff. Everyone is waiting for the Falcons to have a let down, but I don't think this is the week for that let down, and they should be ready to roll in the "Boro" and take care of business. I think just mentioning the word "Boro" no matter what school gets the Falcons fired up. Yea, I know you will probably say your giving the "ra" "ra "answer by saying If they (Falcons) don't turn the ball over, and the defense continues to be stingy, the Falcons should win this game. I have to say that about turnovers, because, when you go on the road, you must, and cannot turn the ball over, they (Patriots) capitalize on those turnovers, and expect to win. Lincoln County has so many weapons this year, and it will be hard for any team to key on Josh Gregory, because someone else can beat you.

So, if you want me to give a point spread, I'd say Lincoln County by 10 pts. There are a couple of games on our schedule I would say a blowout, but I have much respect for the Patriots, and this is not one of those games I would say that. What is your opinion?

OK, if talk of winning state is premature, let me ask another quesiton.

Anyone care to give an "Over/Under" on the game with the Oakland Patriots? What is your opinion?

Well, my opinion is that will win. I was wondering what the total points scored by both teams might be..."over/under." I'd say the total points might be as high as 50. Lincoln County will get their share. How many will Oakland get?

Love high school football!!!