Mt. Juliet vs. Lebanon

utdontplay

Next Friday, the Mt. Juliet Bears will travel to Lebanon to take on the Blue Devils. This year, the Devils are having what you might want to call a down year, while the Bears are trying to stay in contention for the playoffs. When these two teams play, you can throw out all records, because it doesn't matter who is having a good year or who is having a bad year. But one thing is for certain, this will be one heck of a game because these two teams hate each other with a passion. Look foward to a game with a lot of hard hitting and a lot of scoring. Last year the Bears lost on a questionable call and are looking for revenge this year. All I can say is that if Lebanon beat Wilson Central by only three and Mt. Juliet beat Wilson Central 27-0, this might not be a pretty game if you are a Blue Devils fan. But, we'll find out this coming Friday.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Just wanted to say good luck to you Bears. We miss you in Region 4 5A. You guys are on a roll now and hope you keep the streak alive. Do you still have that HUGE guy who kicks the field goals?

He's still huge...6'5" 300+ but doesn't kick anymore. He has finally figured out his footwork and on offense is pancaking guys on a regular basis. On defense, he's exploding through defenders and has, I would guess, 5-6 sacks thus far. He's playing guard on offense and next to him at tackle is another kid who has size, around 6'3", 250. Too bad nobody can seem to get the stats turned in to the Tennessean because the tailback Chris Humes, (the Tennessean has Travis Hume listed), has around 525 yards through four games with only 43 last night playing on a very sore ankle. The left side of the line is blowing people up and making huge holes for him and he's tough to bring down. With the exception of CHRIS Humes, most of the starters are juniors with 20+ sophomores and 25 freshman coming through the program. The middle school team is undefeated and have been hammering folks 40-0, 30-0, etc.. The effects of the split are weakening over time and this team, if not this year, will definately compete for the region title next year. The future looks good.

Guest region4fan

Sounds like the move to 4A was a good one for you and that things are quickly turning around for the Bears. Hopefully the Tennessean will finally get your player's name correct. Keep making some noise.

I was very pleased to see MJ deal with Springfield easily last night and now I feel very confident about their chances against in-state rival Lebanon. No question these two teams hate each other and it will be interesting to see if the Bears can keep this run going. And to reply about the "big kid"...yes he's flattening players left and right and has really turned into a good football player as a "converted kicker". Good luck to the Blue Devil who has to line up against him.

Mount Juliet and Lebanon has always been and always will be a very very heated rivalry. This is the game when both teams shine and give their all no matter how good or bad their season is going. One thing is for sure, Michael Jasper (the "monstrous" ex-kicker) is sure to knock the fear of God into some of those Devils on Friday night. Best of luck to both teams, and may GOD bless all teams that play on Friday nights!

Who has predictions on this game???

I have Mt. Juliet over Lebanon on this one. Mt. Juliet has speed, passion, committment, and skill, to beat Lebanon. Mt. Juliet also has an outstanding QB named Levi Brown, who has improved in the years he's played football. Although he started playing his high school career for the Cinncinnati Bengals of High School football, Wilson Central, He has improved. Chris Humes, is still expected to be out with the sprain ankle that he suffered at the hands of the WC Wildcats. However, Fagen has filled his spot with a vengance, as he proved last week.

Lebanon does have speed, and they like to run, like Mt. Juliet. However, Lebanon cannot fool the Mt. Juliet defensive line. They're tough, and they have size. This is a heated rivalery, and is promised to be a close, but great game. Expect this one to be on the local news. :D

Geoff

I will have to say Mount Juliet by at least 10 on this one. Lebanon always plays them hard, but I believe the Bears are out for blood after last years game when they were screwed by the refs on the "pass beyond the line of scrimmage" that cost the Bears the game. Im sure Crawford will be requesting not to have that ref for this game, or any other game for that matter.