Predictions

soccereagle15

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a truely outside observer, I see the overall rankings for all Divisions as follows:

1st - Baylor

2nd - Franklin

3rd - Germantown

4th - Brentwood

5th - Farragut

6th - Hendersonville

7th - Beech

8th - Tullahoma

9th - Chattanooga Christian

10th - Girls Preparatory School

AAA

Franklin

Tullahoma

Cordova

Oak Ridge

Hendersonville

Germantown

Blackman

Farragut

Finally, a way to have the best teams compete in the Final 4...no more team's like Tullahoma always getting there, only to get humilated (with the exception of last year), while other good teams have to battle it out in the Regionals.

You must not know your soccer-Tullahoma and Blackman are in the same region, and only one can advance. I predict Tullahoma will win the region, and one of the teams from Chattanooga will also be at state. Tullahoma has several shut outs and their keeper, Jessica Peterson, is doing a great job. You can believe your eyes-they shut out a very good DCA team, and dominated. DCA has good coaching, several premier players, and the girl who holds the state record for most goals, but Tullahoma has a well balanced team with good depth-a strong offense and defense.

I am tired of hearing that Tullahoma only makes it to state because they are in a weak region. Most of the team plays select soccer, in Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood, and Chattanooga, and several are on Div I teams, and on the state ODP team. The team goes to camp each summer as a team, and many girls have gone on to play college soccer. There is a great feeder program at the middle school-it is no accident that they are good. They are well coached, and the girls, parents, and coaches deserve credit for a quality effort. Several have spent many years traveling 1 1/2 hours each way to practices three days a week. A little credit please!!!

On the contrary, drsanders...2 teams from the same region CAN advance under the new system. I predict Blackman will win the region, but Tullahoma will beat the #2 team out of Region #7...sending them both to Chattanooga.

And no offense to Tullahoma...they do have a tradition of making the Final 4, but they usually get beat pretty bad at state.

There will always be some weak teams who make the final 8 (state tournament). The new format is supposed to "weed" out those teams from making the final 4. Look at the AAA boys in the spring. Some sorry teams made the final 8, but got knocked out in the quarterfinal round by the powers. By the luck of the draw, maybe two weak teams will play in the quarterfinal round, resulting in one of them making it to the final 4. That is not scheduled to happen in this girls season in AAA. No offense, but Tullahoma simply has the fortune of having an easier path to the state tournament than many strong teams in better regions. It's a fact!

You are right, Biadad...under the present system, there will always be teams that make it to the State Finals without much resistance....but, on the other hand, there are teams that year end and year out have good seasons, but have to go thru GREAT teams to get to the promise land....and they see weaker teams getting there year after year....you can understand their frustrations!

I would like to know why Hendersonville was ranked 6th on one post? They seem to me one of the teams to beat this year. They are also one of the few teams that can score points against tough competion. I have watched good teams control games but can not score so they tie or lose. This may be the year for Chattanooga area teams they seem to have strength and luck to make it to sub-state but no farther.