who are some good college prospects?

spartan21

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eight from Cloudland:

Several of these Highlanders are honors students.

Mark Byrd 5' 9" 180 Amazing... nuff said

Dan Christman 6' 1" 210 Great student, and athlete. Appalachian State?

Dakota Benfield RB S Running through tacklers; looks stronger.

Jake Gibbs He's 6' 3" 345 OL/DL Perhaps Cumberland College, Tusculum?

Jeff Lunsford 6'2" 240 Probably Cloudland's best lineman. Very versatile.

Chris Sheets 5' 11 240 The strongest on the team?

Zack Cook 6' 2"' 260 Great Center. Good on both sides of LOS.

Aaron Stockton 6'3" 205. Great TE. Might opt for basketball.

Elizabethton: {Will gather more information}

Jake Jenkins Tackle Outstanding student and player.

Brandon Blevins Punter. Turns the field around for Cyclones.

Happy Valley {Will gather more information}

Tim Whaley 6' 1" 210 Very strong runner. Good Safety or Running back in College.

North Greene: John, help us out with these, and others.

Eric Collins 6' 4" 320 Very Strong. Good Student.

Cody Parks

Unaka:

Joey Parlier 5' 8" 180 FB Has struggled with medical problems this season, but looking much better last couple of games. Academically very sound.

Kasey Garland 6' 5" 250 Outstanding. Maybe the most improved player in the area.

Brandon Irick 5 9" 160 Defensive Back, Wingback. Strongly considering the Air Force, but is capable of playing college ball.

Andrew Richardson 5' 10" 190. Fundamental, reliable. Plays several positions, but told he'll play Fullback in College.

Edited by krichunaka

ohh, watch out VANDY!!! lol, sorry had to

tell Jamie winborn ,Jamie Duncan,Jimmy Williams,Rushen Jones,Shelton Quarles,Corey Chavous, Eric Vance,Hunter Hillenmeyer,Dan Stricker. Most of these guys are now millionaires in the NFL along with others from playing @ Vandy. But I guess that means nothing right. Oh and while we are @ it lets tell Jeff Jennings rated #26 OLB in the nation from Jefferson County.

DII AAA is loaded with prospects, I know BA the best so most i'll say are from there but I'm sure there are many more!

David Holbert FB/LB BA

Theo Townsend TB BA

Justin Hester OL BA

Trevor Hewitt OL BA

Kyle Willis WR/ DB BA

Michael Fisher QB MBA

Tom Santi TE MBA

Koban RB MBA

Corey Mills DL CBHS

Ryan Moore QB McCallie

Chris Johnson RB/ LB McCallie

I also know there is a reciever from CBHS with DI talent maybe somebody else can help me with his name, these are just a few there's probably many more.

Marcus Williams - Ooltewah RB. I'm sure everyones heard of him.

Dewayne ? - I attend OHS and don't even know his name - Freshman who came from Mcallie this year, ineligible though. I've saw him in practice playing scout O, with sophomore lineman and what not vs. first D who are pretty tough. 7/10 times hes breaking tackles and just plainly flying by everyone. Kris Gray and Philip Bishop even have slight problems taking him down sometimes. With work on squats and cleans, this guy will be a beast to stop in the running game.

Travis Zena - He's huge. When he pulls, hes like a tank. He's fat and fast, with work on his speed and stamina he would make blocks every time and all the time. Only problem is, its his last year at OHS.

Ben Furman - Very fast lineman for his size, only a sophomore as well. As time goes by and he gets faster, this guy will be something D will hate to reckon with.

Zach Woods - only a sophomore now and starts along with Hidgeon(from what I seen it seems they rotate), he has a killer arm, speed, and great scrambles when need be. He knows when to break free of passing and put it up the sidelines.

Hunter Holt - the guy is built to be a all American. He's a sophomore now, has a lot of corrections to make on himself, including speed / stamina / strength. He's currently 6'2" 340 pounds. If he can drop some weight and gain some more uper body strength, no one would break through the line. Whenever he plays scout D or scout O, I hear of people hating to block/get through him because hes just "too darn big to move."

Jon Holt - this guy is HUGE. As a sophomore now I heard he can bench nearly 290 and he weighs 175. He's 6'3" or 6'4" and starts at DE / OT(with Nick Robinson's concussion, he's moved up to starting OT as well). As a sophomore now and being able to go both ways, this guy will be DEADLY when it comes to sacks and loss yard tackles as a senior.

Blake McDade - killer linebacker, along with Kyler Burk. Both of them are major players for the OHS defense. With more experience, both will be a deadly force next season.

OHS has a LOAD of talented players. The biggest problem right now with the football program is we're so young and inexperienced. We lost nearly our whole line last season, and didn't really have much to replace them with. In the coming years, OHS winning streaks will be back in full effect. The biggest thing is if Gatewood can get everyone in the weight room during the off season and getting people bulked up and ready to go for the 2004 season.

Edited by OHSPlaya

tyler phelps from soddy daisy! he is 6'4 and 205! he has very prototypical sizre for D-I schools. has huge potential but has not gotten much press cuz this is his first year starting! should have been starting last year but hey that is a whole other subject in itself. also it is incredible that he has put up some of the numbers he has while being in the offense that soddy runs. they are more of a running team ("ram it down their throats" style) than passing but they are beginning to be a lil more balanced watch for him the rest of the season!