The Predictable Pioneers

SemperFiBlue

Dang. I think I'm starting to get to know Warren County better than anyone else including my own team!!

Last week I predicted Cookeville to plow Warren County 42-0. Cookeville defeated the Pioneers 41-0!

This time I predicted Tullahoma to shut-out Warren County 45-0. The Wildcats did shut-out the Pioneers very close to the score I said. The actual score was 44-0.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren County has only scored seven points. It was a touchdown in Week Zero against Livingston Academy of Class 3A. Since then, they've been shut out. I apologize, I think I said that Warren got that seven points against Chattanooga Central in another thread, but that's not right. It was in fact against Livingston Academy.

I've thought Warren County was kind of bad to begin with, but this is the worst Pioneer football team I've ever seen--PERIOD!! NO JOKE! I feel very bad for these kids that play for this team. I just don't get why they are so bad? Is it the coaching? Is it the schemes? This is quite possibly the worst team Warren County has fielded in more than 15 years!

Here is Warren County's schedule/results. Warren County might score a touchdown or two against Walker Valley, but I cannot see this team scoring on any of the other teams on their schedule.

Warren Co.

Pioneers

Division 1, Class AAAAA

Region 3

McMinnville, TN

Date Opponent Location Result

Aug. 23 Livingston Academy L 7-42

Aug. 29 Chattanooga Central L 0-47

Sep. 12 at White Co. L 0-34

Sep. 19 at Cookeville ® L 0-41

Sep. 26 at Tullahoma L 0-44

Oct. 3 at Cumberland Co. ®

Oct. 10 Walker Valley

Oct. 17 Franklin Co. ®

Oct. 24 at Lincoln Co. ®

Oct. 31 Coffee Co. ®

Overall Record: 0-5

Region Record: 0-1

Stan, I do believe you are jealous. I also think that you are making a bold accusation!

I have made repetitive posts concerning Coffee County's embarrassing loss to Wilson Central. I also posted one message about Houston's win over Bolton and that involves two West Tennessee schools!

I am not trying to change the subject, I am however wondering if people are starting to think they maybe the Warren County offense is as credible as you made them out to be and several other people thought they were!

How dare you accuse me of trying to avoid Coffee County's loss by putting down Warren County! How absolutely dare you!

First of all, I'm only stating the obvious! I never put down Warren County as far as what was pretty much FACTS! I didn't make any direct insults to the kids that play for Warren County. I didn't even say that their coach sucked! I did however question the coaching schemes and the players abilities as a team.

If posts such as this one bothers you so much, then maybe you shouldn't read them and respond to them!

Guest region4fan

I wonder how the coaches or players can focus in Warren County with all the turmoil, lack of support, and negative media attention that they have had to endure there. It's a wonder that anyone is still left on the team.

I wonder how the coaches or players can focus in Warren County with all the turmoil, lack of support, and negative media attention that they have had to endure there. It's a wonder that anyone is still left on the team.

Here is what coaches and players in a program like this must do to get through the season:

1. Don't watch the score board.

2. Focus on fundamentals (blocking, tackling, staying low on the line, executing each play to the best of your ability).

3. Show up to practice on time and work hard. Do the best you can and take it one game at a time.

From a coach's stand point, they know that the future is uncertain so they just focus on this season and let the chips fall where they may next year. You want to build for the future but you have to finish this season with dignity and honor, weathering the storm of criticism and lawsuits. These men are under a lot of pressure and it is very tough on them but the real focus should be on the boys who remain on the team. No coach or player should have to go through this type of season but it happens.

ELA, I do appreciate your comments on this and many topics.

I'll go on a limb and make a prediction for WC in 2004 - Tidwell is still the head coach. He's like the 8 or so seniors left on the team - he don't quit. He knew when he took this job that the program was way down and I believe he committed at the time to stay for the long haul. All the recent coach have stayed for maybe 2 years? He knew on the front end it may take longer than that and show should we. The admins wont fire him because they too see that the program needs stability and I think they like his coaching philosophy. Prediction # 2 - The lawsuit will be settled out of court for an undisclosed amount (around $50,000) with input from the liability insurance company of course.

But remember I'm ranked at 190 on "The Big Ones" :D

I am going to go out on a limb, but mine is a big oak tree. Coach Tidwell is history after this season. No stability in this situation right now. Discipline is a problem that he cant resolve hear mainly because of his actions last year. The man has to be walking on eggshells after the helmet throwing incident and that has carried over. The administration will take a look and see the best direction will be to cut ties with Tidwell and bring someone in who has some ties to the young men that could be making a difference if they were playing. Too much potential not on the football field and Coach Tidwell is not going to get these guys out on it. The word is that these young men do not want to play for this man. I think the admin. will hire a hometown guy and also some of those volunteer assistants that have been so effective at the middle school in getting young men to play will be brought over so the core nucleus of the last 3 years of success at the middle school will not go down in flames when these kids get to the high school.

Coaching is a very unpredictable business and being a head coach requires more than just "thick skin." Sometimes very good coaches get cut simply because they don't live up to expectations. The only person that knows for sure what is going to happen to Coach Tidwell is the principal and Director of Warren County Schools. In either case (stay or go) I think they've already made their decision. I do really feel very bad for this man and his family because they have had it bad since moving to Tennessee. Any coach can say they could have turned this program around but until you walk in the man's shoes, you just don't know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Famous quote (author unknown) "The future is simply a story that has yet to be written"