Jets down warriors

bluetubby

Congrats Jets! Good win for the region. Your team and Lincoln County were the only stars twinkling in 3-5A tonight. Coffee, Warren, and Franklin Counties all received losses and so did Cookeville.

I'm thinking Cumberland County is playing a little bit better ball right now than Cookeville. I would not be surprised to see Cumberland County attain victory over the Cavs putting Cookeville out of the playoffs and putting Cumberland in.

Same old story between white co and cumb co. jets win impressively 31-22. Score would have been worse if not for a bad play call right before the half that resulted in an interception return for a td for sparta. jets had about 400 yds. rushing.

I agree it should have been worse then the score said. I really couldnt understand that play call before the half. I think they should have spiked and went from there but im happy. I give everyone from Cumberland Co & White Co a big hand a big crowd from both schools.

2001: Jets win 27-0.

2002: Jets win 58-0.

2003: Jets win 31-22.

I would hardly call it the same old story. B)

Good post Sparta Warrior, not same old story by any means. Cumberland Co. is on here whining about bad calls, give me a break, they got a maybe a whole 2 calls, and Sparta had a TD called back, several questionable calls and without what many fans called "home cooking" this could have been a different story totally. Both teams played well but it was by no way a run away game as indicated here. Only in the first quarter did Cumberland Co. seem to have the game sewed up. From there they had to work hard.

Hats off to both teams but don't down play White County, they are a different team this year.