My Blue Devils

BlueDEVILS2006

I thought Lebanon had a great game plan and stuck with it -- even though they had terrible field position in the first quarter and trailed 7-0 early. Lebanon ran for 220 yards with no one person gaining more than 54. Grooms was effective passing (3-for-6, 84-yards and a TD) and the defensive effort was solid. Lebanon iced the game by reeling off 21 consecutive plays from the 3 minute mark of the third period all the way down to four minutes to go in the game. Chris Humes is a tough little guy and once again went over 100 yards for the Bears. LHS has now won three straight over Mt. Juliet. Congratulations.

Well it looks as though the old Mt. Juliet defense is back (past 2yrs defense). I saw the worst defense of the year last night. Mt. Juliet does not know how to tackle with the new coaching there. I seriously doubt they know what aggression is. I cannot blame the players though for its their coach. Ive played under two coaches and this man knows nothing about football. Full pads one day a week? You have to be joking. My senior year we asked him to go full pads 3 days a week and he said no. Two hand touch obvioulsy does not work on friday nights as you can tell cause they tried all night long. I hear we have a good Jr. High program this year and hopefully the current coach will be gone by then cause one thing for sure Mt. Juliet dosent allow a coach to lose to Lebanon back to back years. Getting rid of Dan Winfree was the worst mistake their principal has made. Winfree had full pads practice 3 days a week with working nothing but smashmouth offense and aggressive defense..He's at Watertown now and well I wonder how he is doing..Go take a look. I guranantee they know how to hit!

I am emarassed to be a Bears fan right now after the performance theyput on Friday night against Lebanon. After we scored that first touchdown things started to unravel. We couldn't tackle, we couldn't execute on offense and our special teams played well below average. Lebanon deserved to win that game because they did everything right when they needed to. I came into this game with high hopes that we could win our third straight game but that did not happen. The only thing I can do is look forward to the game this Friday against Whites Creek. Hopefully we can back on the winning track. The only positve thing I have to say about this game was that it was not a region game. So technically it didn't hurt us any. But still, we should have won that game.

Okay, Lebanon beat Mt. Juliet Friday, but that doesn't make the Devils the better team. The Bears last 5 games are all games they can win, or at least 3 are. As for Strattford and Clarkesville NW, they might go down in the loss column. The Bears will turn this loss around and use it as a positive heading into the last half of the season.