Whitwell vs. Lookout Valley

Shadrick69

Whitwell by 4 touchdowns. This should not be game of the week anywhere. Marion 152; "it doesn't matter what happened last year or for the last 15 years, it's what happens this year."

At Howard High School, we have heard a few racial slurs in our time. That happens everywhere; not just in Whitwell. Ingnorance is widespread, and believe it or not, it is in Jasper also. I attend many ballgames in the Sequatchie Valley and have seen poor sportsmanship out of all the teams in Marion County. Marion County's gross display after the win over Whitwell 2 years ago, just might have been the greatest lack of class that I've ever seen after a high school ballgame. Down right shamefull! Whitwell also showed themselves a little after this years win. I don't even have to mention the S. P. Pirates, they are infamous around the state. The sad thing is that it is usally not the players or cheerleaders, it's the fans. A bunch of boys that don't have the guts or the heart to strap on the pads and a bunch of loud mouth girls that have nothing at all to do with the game. We have a principal and coach that has helped us control this type of behavior. Sequatchie Valley football is some of the best in the state, I hope it can stay that way. If Whitwell/Marion Co./S.P. can't control the senseless acts of stupidity, then they need to quit playing each other.

Edited by tigercoach44

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was standing at the goal line, opposite the scoreboard end, on the Whitwell side. I did not hear any racial slurs at any point during the game. I would like to think that if anyone did spurt anything out, they would have been called out by someone and asked not to do that. I know I would have said something. My nephew goes to school there and I don't want him to hear that kind of crap. A huge majority of the people who live there have high moral standards. I personally think you are lying and trying to make Whitwell appear as something it clearly is not. No one else from MC who has posted here has said anything regarding racial slurs, not that I have seen. That's not to say that there aren't people there who probably fling a few choice racially slanted terms, but I just don't believe anyone there is bold enough to do it at a high school football game.

Oh, and also... jasper is only 10 miles down the road, dude. If you think there is some sort of separation in class, you are mistaken. You need to get out more. I don't view Whitwell any higher or lower than jasper in terms of class. And I certainly don't view jasper any higher. Do you want an eye-opener? Why don't you leave the county and spend some time with people from outside the area. Don't be surprised if you get laughed at.

Now, can we please move this thread on to talking football?

IF both teams play to their full potential Whitwell should win by atleast a touchdown, I think. My hope is that Lookout Valley will beat the living crap out of them. I say this in part of the hatred I now have for Whitwell, not just because we (Marion County) lost to such a team, but because of all those saying that WE are blaming the loss on everyone else besides ourselves. When the game was over I shaked the hands of the Whitwell players and coaches, saying good game as I went. I also listened to the chants of the Whitwell fans, screaming like they just won the super bowl, which I could understand seeing as none of them have been alive since Whitwell last beat us. I also NEVER blamed anyone else besides ourselves for the loss. I, myself, would rather just forget about this because its such an embarrassment but I know I will be hearing about this win for the next 30 years. I guess if I was such a loser as them and only beat a certain team every 15 years I would celebrate and talk like crazy, but IM NOT AND I WOULDN'T IF I WAS. So good luck to Lookout Valley, I hope you bring some rain to their homecoming.

Edited by keyshawn11386

That's the point, you were on the goaline opposite of the scoreboard. What does that prove to me? I heard the racial slurs from the visitor side bleachers. And of course, any form of punishment you thought of would be a slap on the hand. If I had any amount of authority in the game through officiating or coaching, no matter where the racial slurs came from, that or those individual(s) would not be allowed to enter the stadium again. That's how you handle that situation. "Don't do that again" just isn't going to work.

And now for the crap-kicker. Something you don't realize is I spend 80% of my time outside of this county. My dad is an employee at Farm Bureau Insurance right here in Jasper. As an employee for Farm Bureau Insurance, you are expected to travel to Franklin, Tennessee for board meetings up to 10 times a month. Most of the time, I travel with him. You may know him...Sam Condra. So, as we were in Florida (Destin) this summer, we sit down at a restaurant. Our waiter, who was born and raised in Ft. Walton Beach asks us where we are from. We say about 20 minutes from Chattanooga, Tennessee. Our waiter says "Oh, are you guys from Whuwill?" I looked at him in disbelief. Then he says "Did I say that right...Whuwill?" My dad says "No we're not from there, but we're about 10 minutes away." Then our waiter tells us a story about he had a roommate from Whitwell for several years...One day, the waiter takes a 5 day vacation, and comes back to an empty apartment. That's $10,000 worth of merchandise, furniture, and entertainment systems that this guy from Whitwell took on the road with him. Seems to me that Whitwell was laughed at in that one.

That's the point, you were on the goaline opposite of the scoreboard. What does that prove to me?I heard the racial slurs from the visitor side bleachers

You must have bionic ears because it was pretty loud there.. and it would appear that I was closer to the field than you were (I was standing at the fence).

Like I said earlier, you are the only one I have seen complaining about it. Surely someone can back you up.

AFA your Destin incident, sounds like more Whitwell bashing to me.

You know, fender, i'm really getting bored with this conversation. Besides, you are a high school kid (if i read correctly in another thread here) and it's pointless for me to even have a rational discussion with you. I'm going to move on and hope this thread moves to more of a FOOTBALL subject. Just get over the loss and move on and don't worry about what the folks in Whitwell do or appear to be doing. That's my best advice to you.

I'm finished with this discussion.

Good for you, Captain Cool (Whitvol). And as for bionic ears, yes I have them. I was also raised by wolves in a cave. Okay, now to make some sense, I'm not Whitwell bashing...the waiter at the restaurant was and with great reason. Also, since you supposedly have the greatest "thread awareness" then you should read the post put up by Marion 152. That's what got it started to begin with. And once again, you must be deaf. I heard racial slurs.

Upset City

LV: 21

Whitwell: 14

Edited by FenderSRVHendrix

Lookout Valley by 6. I hope they win and show all the Whitwell classless hicks just because they are the only people are like that that they think they are the center of the world.Whitwell deserves to lose this game big but i dont see that happening and the Jackets of Lookout Valley will be ready and i hope they win. Good luck to LV even though you dont have many players you have pride and Whitwell one game in 16 years against Marion ( not Jasper by the way) isnt bad keep up the winning tradition. Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Tdooley, that was very nicely said. By the way, Whitvol, how's Castle's Carwash up there buddy? You seem like you'd be a regular visitor. Well, enjoy the construction job.

Hey Fender.....watch what you're saying before you get kicked out of here. If you have "political or public" concerns take them up with politicians in Marion County. Don't do it on these boards......Del.

Edited by DelTavian

Kicked out for mentioning underage drinking? This is an arguement about class in which I made a reference to a guy that thought he might win. Just thought I'd add that in there. I mean, if you stop me from posting, then I understand you're doing your job, and I'll go about my business. I just wanted to make sure you saw my reason for saying what I said. Take it easy. (By the way, I didn't know politics was such a 'savage' subject. I didn't read anything in the terms of service that stated politics were off limits. Maybe you, or someone in authority on CoachT should clear that up.)

Edited by FenderSRVHendrix