Kingston at Anderson County

swamp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 4th spot in the region is truly up for grabs. There is no telling what could happen in the next 5 weeks...it will be interesting to see who steps up to grab that spot. No way is Kingston out of the chase. Neither is Scott. LC, Gibbs, or Loudon. Now is when the season really gets going.

Swamp, Do you think Kingston still has a shot at the playoffs or do you think Scott Co will finish 4th?

As of right now, I'm thinking that 4 spot is going to LC. Kingston would have to go 3-2 to make the playoffs and I wouldn't bet on that with their remaining schedule. The LC loss really hurts the Highlanders.

No , I'm not positive of the record, but they had a couple of bad years when these guys were in the eighth grade. Anybody from Kingston remember the exact record?

If you're talking about the high school record, this could be the 3rd time in 7 years they miss the playoffs, not to mention that they've finished 4th twice in the last 8.

1996 5-5, 5-6 4th place

1997 4-6

1998 10-0, 14-1 region champs, state runner-up

1999 8-2, 9-3, region co-champs

2000 9-1, 9-2 region champs

2001 4-6

2002 7-3, 7-4 4th place

2003 2-3 with a brutal schedule left.

Edited by swamp

True the Scott Co loss to LC hurts their chances. The big game for LC the must win game for LC is the Kingston game, if they can win that game LC should finish 4th with a district record of 4-3 and Scott finishes 3-4.

I think even if LC were to lose that game and wind up tied with Scott, LC would still have the tiebreaker.