Best Teams in 5A Football

spartan21

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln County - Has all the weapons needed to make a run for the title in the 'Boro. Offensively they mix the run and pass and keep defenses off balance. Their QB is like a coach on the field, he makes good reads and uses his athletic ability to make plays downfield. Their running game is very solid behind a dominating front line. The key to this team IMHO, is there defense. They come at opposing offenses every play. Opponets QB's end up running for their life instead of reading pass coverage. Special teams play has been near flawless. I like LC's chances this year.

What year is LC's QB? I saw him play for a little bit and he is impressive. Any schools looking at him yet.

He is a senior. I hear that several colleges are looking at him, though not necessarily as a QB. When I saw him, he was very impressive....strong, fast, decent passer, an overall good field general. When he drops back to pass, opponents had better hope he throws the ball. He is extremely difficult to tackle.

I had the pooprtunity to see the DB/Oak Ridge game and both teams are good. DB impressed my with their coaching and heart to pull that game out. Ferguson and Williams both looked real good. Oak Ridge impressed my with their ability to come out of the gate early and put up some big numbers on the road. Booker is tough to bring down and is quicker than I thought.

I believe these 2 teams will meet again in the playoffs.

Lincoln County is by far the best team I've seen... they have the total package with speed on both sides, a power running game and a great quarterback who can make the throws and beat you with his feet... I think the Falcons get to the semifinals against DB for a shot to play in Murfreesboro... and then I think whoever wins that game will win the whole thing, b/c the West half of the bracket is not as strong as it has been... Brentwood won't be there, but Dickson County or Franklin might... beyond that it's hard to say at this point... everyone's pretty even right now... the Memphis teams really haven't shown much either...

As far as the LC QB goes... he's also very fast! Franklin vs Lincoln County week 0. Franklin's Joe Bell (a very fast man himself) intercepts the ball deep in Franklin territory... Edmitson tackles him at the LC 20 or so! Chased Bell all the way down. Incredible!

If we see Franklin-LC in the BCB, a big IF as it's so early, I'd say the Rebs could give LC a run for their money again. I certainly think Dickson County could as well. Dickson County is GOOD.

Give your opinion, In my opinion I think it's White Station with an undefeated record so far this year and beating some powerhouse football teams

White Stations gotta beat Germantown first to even be the best 5a school in shelby county....as far as state wide its gotta be LC with DB right behind em.