White Station vs. Kirby

spartan21

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirby didn't impress me either. I also think white station might be a tad bit overrated. Nontheless they are a very good team. I just dont believe they are an elite bunch yet. Region 8 5A is simply down. I always think its down. No one ever win a game VS good competition outside the memphis area. When was the last time a team in region 8 5A won a semi match up VS a mid-state team. I will tell you when, it was the 1994 season when Germantown did it. thats 10 seasons ago! however Major Wright still has to be the State coach of the year. 0-10 to 5-1 in 2 years is incredible in 5A. By the way, Kirby has unbelievable quickness at WR and RB. White station has very little secondary talent. White station will struggle with Whitehaven. They have a better shot VS Germantown because of their lack of speed. Seems like a bad match up

Edited by memphisplayer

It was my understanding that WS top receiver went down early with an injury. Also several missed attempts on extra point kicks and conversions. White Station may be "overrated" but I feel this year is just the begining for them. They soon will be a powerhouse in Memphis again with Coach Major White leading the way, he has turned the progam around.