Oakland 42, Blackman 19

Guest region4fan

Well the way the region is shaping up is that the top 3 teams are as follows (no part. order)

Oakland

Riverdale

Smyrna

So that leaves the last spot up for grabs. Right now Blackman is 1-2 in the reigion with the 2 losses coming from oakland, smyrna. so if the Blaze can beat Wilson Central, Lavergne, Lebanon then we should be in regardless of the Riverdale vs Blackman outcome. But this is all in theory and knowing my luck something will happen to throw a wrench into it all. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

It sounds right to me. I would love to see a Rutherford County sweep! I just hope the Blaze can keep their heads up, and the school will keep supporting them. I know that they kept fighting back in our game. Man, yall brought a big crowd too. You saw how ours dwindled from last week's fiasco . But the ones who were faithful and were there , were loud and on their feet. It saddens me when schools give up on their kids.

Dont take nothing away from Oakland's win. Its not like they won by a feild goal or touchdown, they won convincingly. Plus anyone in our region will tell you that a region win doesnt come to easily.

Now then, i dont know if you were directly trying to insult the Blackman's fans, but well you pretty much just upset me off. So the Blaze are having a down year. You werent talking about them the last two years when they went to the playoffs, now were you. Lets just stop and consider a few things shall we:

Lets see the overall record for Blackman's opponents this year are 23-7 (im not including the Siegal game) and Oaklands opponents record this year is 21-10 (not counting the Wilson Central game) now toejamwarrior i dare you to go out and find other teams that have had as hard of a record as both Oakland and Blackman. So untill you can come at me and the other region4-5A fans with a little info to back up your arguments, please stay away, you dont know much of nothing.

Blackman can still make the playoffs. If i recall right two years ago Smyrna made the playoffs with a 4-6 record, so dont count us out yet.

If what region4fan said is correct in how your team is Mt. Juliet, then i am sorry to say that you have NO ROOM say anthing. After all your guys couldnt hang in the big boys region now could they, they had to get out of dodge and are still doing poorly, BUT SINCE I DO HAVE SOME CLASS i would like to wish them good luck this year, i know what you all are going through.

whew, im going to fix me some hot chocolate. :angry:

Let's see here. Once again, people on this board LOVE to live in the past. It's the only thing you people can hold onto when your team starts to take a spill. I have never nor will I ever (unless asked about it) refer to the past of MJ, because trust me, MJ has had their seasons, just like every other football program. But with that aside, the only thing that ever really matters on this board is what is happening THIS SEASON, unless people are reminiscing (as we all love to do). But to refer to the past as to how "good" a team is THIS YEAR, is, as I have said before, inconceivable. And to say MJ is doing poorly is rediculous. MJ is 3-3 overall and 2-1 in their region. And as I ALSO have class, I wish all teams in TN good luck this year no matter what.

The thing that I found amusing is how region4fan was celebrating a win over a 1-win team thats all.

Guest region4fan

Toe...seems like you were the one living in the past. Seems like you were doing some bragging about Mt Juliet giving Riverdale its last region loss which was years ago. I think Riverdale is ridinga huge streak in that area. AND if I remeber correctly just overlooked MJ .

And looking back to several seasons back of MJ games...winning even one game against anybody was a phenomenal feat!!! That's why you had to move down a classification. And remember sometimes it is that one win that can bump you up a play-off spot. But then you wouldn't know about that at MJ. Blackman and Oakland do. Seems like a certain Toe jam was worried about that one win team yourself. Cause lots of folk were picking WC to beat MJ. Sounds like no one has any confidence in your program.

Maybe you should come to some of MJs games, everyone has confidence in the MJ community, the past two home games have been standing room only. So watch what you say when you suggest that no one has confidence in MJ. Once again, I was asked about MJs past, I never just post something about the past just to say how good MJ is this year. Its stupid, it means nothing.

Guest Oakland

i dont think region is as upset about you taking a shot at oakland as he is for you using your sarcasm to take shots at both oakland and blackman, and when you take a shot at oakland, you better be ready for region4fan to respond, you might need that just for future reference if you know what i mean. i could easily take some parting shots at mt. juliet if i really wanted to, but will decline to do so, it is nice to see that mt. juliet may finally have something that resembles a playoff team, not meant as a shot to mt.juliet, they have just been really down the last couple of years.

CONGRATS TO ALSUP FOR HIS TITLE, BUT THE GAME HAS PASSED HIM UP. IF U LOOK ON THE SIDELINES I DONT THINK HE'S CALLING THE SHOTS. BUT WHEN U CANT GET RIGHT PLAYERS ON THE FIELD OR GET LINED UP RIGHT WHO'S TO BLAME? AFTER HALFTIME WE MADE THE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS AND U ALL DIDN'T. WHO'S JOB IS THAT? I'M JUST MAKING A STATEMENT RIGHT OR WRONG THATS THE WAY I SEE IT. IT DOESN'T MAKE HIM A BAD PERSON OR ANY OF THE OTHER COACHES. THEY JUST GOT OUT COACHED. GOOD LUCK W/ LEBANON, WE NEED IT AGAINST RIVERDALE

sorry if i hit too close to home.

Edited by UDONTNOME

Toe...seems like you were the one living in the past. Seems like you were doing some bragging about Mt Juliet giving Riverdale its last region loss which was years ago. I think Riverdale is ridinga huge streak in that area. AND if I remeber correctly just overlooked MJ .

By the way, MJ DID NOT give Riverdale their first region loss a few years back. I have no clue what in the world you are talking about when you say I bragged that MJ gave Riverdale their first loss. Obviously, you know nothing about Region 4 5a of the past few years, so once again, I am right and you are terribly mistaken.

:angry::D

Region 4 5a standings will come down to 2 games both involving Oakland. Oalkland controls their own destiny as far as the payoffs and seeds.

Hers an interesting thought---- is it better to finsih 2nd and play one at home and if you win go to LC or finish 3rd and go on the road to a weaker confernce and come back to play a region team?Finsihing 3rd might not be the end of the world!

1. Riverdale vs Oakland

2. Smyrna vs Oakland

This will be the top 3 seeds the 4th spot????

Basically you get 2 free wins with WC & Siegel (no disrespect but they are not 5a materila yet) so 2 other wins and your in the 4th spot

Guest region4fan

Toe, you have stated TWICE on this very post that you NEVER discuss MJ's past seasons. Well, I beg to differ. I did a little detective work and will now refer you to the following posts that were made by you!!!

post #393133........talking about how a ref's call screwed you in the Lebanon game last year.

post #37995.......discussing in detail old players from MJ's teams from 2000, and also 2002. You named them all by name and gave some info on them while discussing talent.

post #379617.....discussing the previous year and the year before.

By the way two were made as recently as Sept.

But you NEVER live in the past or discuss the past. NOW who is mistaken???By the way, I see why you get so threatened about MJ since your son plays for them.