Oliver Springs vs. Milan

OSHSman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa is rapidly improving and should be a force come playoff time. Assuming Aloca makes it to the third round of playoffs for a trip to Oliver Springs, the Tornadoes will be playing a much improved Bobcat team from week 2 when OS beat Aloca in Blount County.

I just don't see Alcoa winning at Oliver Springs against this Bobcat team. Over the last 10 years, DJ Britian Field hasn't been been the most welcoming place for the Tornadoes.

Alcoa youthful talent and improvement this year is nothing short of amazing. This sophomore laden group will be amongst the best in the state in any classificaiton in 04 and 05.

What would happen if the Beast from the East were to meet the Best in the West? The only things in West Tennessee are endless fields of nothing and lousey football. I'd take OS by 2 TDs.

I can promise you this. You have not seen the speed or size against any team you've played that would compare to Milan. You really have no idea.

Turbo

I don't think you have any idea about Oliver Springs frton players. Their size upfront can play with anyone at any classificaiton. You are correct that OS might lack the speed. However, great skill players at the QB and WR position make up for the lack of overall speed. WR/Saftey Soph. Collett is turning into someting special.

Turbo

I don't think you have any idea about Oliver Springs frton players. Their size upfront can play with anyone at any classificaiton. You are correct that OS might lack the speed. However, great skill players at the QB and WR position make up for the lack of overall speed. WR/Saftey Soph. Collett is turning into someting special.

once again, i am sure you guys play pretty good ball, but you haven't seen anything like this bunch. I tell you what. Come down friday night to Huntingdon, its about 4 hours away from knoxville, a nice little road trip, and see for yourself. You'll see the best two teams down here and speed out the wazoo. I'll pay for your gas. :)

I think OS would pound it down Milan's throat. OS is just too physical.

As a general rule, west tn. teams are always much more physical than east. tn. East tn. usually throw the ball more and run finesse style offenses. I'd wager that Milan has lineman who are faster than your best backs. Wanna take that bet?

This is very interesting these West Tenessee posters are making such ridiculous comments pertaining to East Tennessee football. Rest assured, Oliver Springs more than match up to any West TN team physically. Ask AAA Middle Tennessee power Smith County ( a team that regularly plays Portland and Trousdale County) about OS and its physical nature. Just becasue you are uninformed about a team from East Tennessee, doesn't make you ( way out in left field) analysis accurate.

Remember you are speaking about a team that is the best in Region 2AA. A Region that has produced 4 different State championships teams, 1 state runnerup, numerous semifinal teams, and some bigtime college athletes ( one a Heisman finalist) in the 11 years of the new Classifications.

East Tennessee football is just fine. Thanks for the input tho.