Who is the Best Running Back in 1A?

Guest 4life

These are standings in ALL classifications

Wooden is the third leading rusher in the state

Risner is fifth

Wooden is the ninth leading SCORER in any class in the state. This counts for running receiving, passing, returning and kicking. Wooden only rushes and returns.

Risner is 20th in all classes in total scoring.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4LIFE

WHAT? Even? You can go ask any Tennessee high school football expert and they will say Wooden over Byrd. Not only for the reasons i stated 2 posts ago, but because he is a Junior and has a great chance of becoming [U]DCA's alltime leading rusher. Right now he is 3rd. He still has a year and a half to go[/u]

Who is the # 2 DCA career rusher (not all purpose). I know Scooter is #1. What is Wooden's career numbers to date.

In the Clarksville area, I would say that Tavares Trotter(Rossview H.S.), Chris Fletcher(Clarksville H.S.), and Cederick Wilkerson(Clarksville Northwest H.S.)...Those arent neccessarily in a certain order but I think everybody will agree that those are even some of Midstates Best RBs.

Jeremy Lyon is the second leading rusher in DCA history. He was the star player for DCA on the last State Title team(1996). I don't know where i could find Lyon's numbers but i do know he had near 6,000 rushing yards. Ill find Wooden's yards right now.

DCA does rely on Wooden an awful lot, but they also have a very good fullback, Matt Meachem, and a great receiving TE in Reagan Ingram. They have played most of the season without their QB and best WR, Fenwick and Garrett( brother of former Vandy starting wideout M.J. Garrett, who is also DCA's alltime leading receiver). Wooden is relied on alot because of injuries.

Keep in mind that Wooden hasn't played more than 3 quarters other than against Ezell. Our backups are getting MAJOR time in case of injuries in big games.

Ill check up on the Wooden stats, FBGirl.

I can't find his exact career stats, but i know he has well over 3,000 total yards with just over 1,000 yards in his freshman, sophomore, and this year. He should have alot more yards by the end of the year. If DCA goes deep into the playoffs, he could reach 2,000 yards this year.

In the Clarksville area, I would say that Tavares Trotter(Rossview H.S.), Chris Fletcher(Clarksville H.S.), and Cedric Wilkerson(Clarksville Northwest H.S.)...Those arent neccessarily in a certain order but I think everybody will agree that those are even some of Midstates Best RBs.

thank you but the my name is spelled is Cedric Wilkerson

I will try to set the record straight for everyone, espicilly you 4life. When you look at it now, Cloudland does have a weak schedual. But when it was made... well lets put it this way: They have to play us (Unaka), North Greene, Cosby, and Jelico. Now Jelico was a good team last year. They also play Cherokee and Sullivan East, both schools are 4A, At least 8 times bigger than Cloudland(attendence about 220). Also on the list is J. J. Kelly VA one of the last eight teams left last year. And Appalachia VA, the state runner-up last year. Rye Cove VA used to be decent, but not this year. The last one is Hampton, one of the greatest rivalries in the state, to me. They are a good team as well. Now, you can't say that Cloudland plays nobody. Granted, they dont have to play top 10 teams in their region either.

And to me, Mark Byrd shouldn't even be talked about in this post, since it is on RB's not running QB's, but still he is a good player.

Edited by Rangerbook06

4life - I think Scooter's numbers were slightly over 6500 yards. That might be a little tough to pass. Once into the playoffs and better competition - don't count on the high number of rushing yards each week. He could pass that record but it might be at the expense of running up some scores - not sure Coach will be willing to do that. I remember many games that Scooter was out after half-time.